Is there anything the Sync does not Sync?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 16, 2007
Notice how there are more apps and info to be synced than there are check boxes in iTunes? Music, photos, videos, contacts, and calendar. What about settings, notes, alarms, clocks, weather, I could go on. Do all of these mysteriously behind the scenes back up? Is there anything that does not backup? Why on Earth is there no Notes tab?

Mail will not sync at all.

Also Photos will not sync. You have to import them to your computer using another program such as with a Mac, use iPhoto or Aperture. Then if you restore, when you run sync, any missing photos will be transfered to your iPhone.

All the rest including settings and weather and clock and notes will always sync (backup).

Aug 16, 2007
Mail will not sync at all.

Also Photos will not sync. You have to import them to your computer using another program such as with a Mac, use iPhoto or Aperture. Then if you restore, when you run sync, any missing photos will be transfered to your iPhone.

All the rest including settings and weather and clock and notes will always sync (backup).
Let's say for example, I need to restore, if I have been syncing, will all be synced to the iPhone again? Or is there some certain special "backup" button I need to press on my computer to make a full backup?

Aug 16, 2007
Everything will be restored once the restore is done. You will then have to do a sync to put your music and photos back on the iPhone.
I see. Also, to grab the photos off of the iPhone, I didn't have to have a special program nor a mac, I just went into the iPhone folder in my computer and opened the folder within the folder and they were all there. Is that normal?

I see. Also, to grab the photos off of the iPhone, I didn't have to have a special program nor a mac, I just went into the iPhone folder in my computer and opened the folder within the folder and they were all there. Is that normal?
That's normal but just make sure you actually copy them to your computer as you take new pictures on your iPhone. Just because you can can see them in my computer doesn't mean they are copied to your computer, you are just seeing what's on the iPhone. Copy them to a folder on your computer frequently.

Aug 16, 2007
That's normal but just make sure you actually copy them to your computer as you take new pictures on your iPhone. Just because you can can see them in my computer doesn't mean they are copied to your computer, you are just seeing what's on the iPhone. Copy them to a folder on your computer frequently.
You say to copy them on your phone frequently? Do I have to manually back up my photos? Doesn't iTunes do that with Sync?