Is there away to add ringtones to my email or SMS

the watcher

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
just asking , i konw on my troe 700w i was able to do this, but i'm not shure if iPhone is able to to do this mabe with a hack. help me if you can.
thanks

Muncle

Jul 16, 2007
Texas
if you mean the sound when you receive and send email, then yes..

it should be somewhere under how to add custom ringtones in the guides

the watcher

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
hey, can you give me more detail how to add ringtone to email i just can't figure it out

the watcher

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
hey can someone show some examples cause that link is not working for. i tried did not work now my email dose not make any sonud or vibrate anymore. i do not want to restore my phone casue i dot want to do everything over. what i did was rename one of my ringtone new-mail.caf and drag and drop iu sound folde, i also removed the original one. help:oops:

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
hey can someone show some examples cause that link is not working for. i tried did not work now my email dose not make any sonud or vibrate anymore. i do not want to restore my phone casue i dot want to do everything over. what i did was rename one of my ringtone new-mail.caf and drag and drop iu sound folde, i also removed the original one. help:oops:
Open iTunes, go to the edit menu, click preferences, click the advanced tab, click the importing tab, select import using the AIFF encoder.

Next drag the tone into iTunes, right click it, press convert to AIFF.

Locate the AIFF file in windows explorer by right clicking the file and click show in windows explorer. Next rename it new-mail.caf or whatever file you're replacing, and place it in the correct directory.

Any more questions just ask buddy.

w5ttx

Jul 2, 2007
Texas
Open iTunes, go to the edit menu, click preferences, click the advanced tab, click the importing tab, select import using the AIFF encoder.

Next drag the tone into iTunes, right click it, press convert to AIFF.

Locate the AIFF file in windows explorer by right clicking the file and click show in windows explorer. Next rename it new-mail.caf or whatever file you're replacing, and place it in the correct directory.

Any more questions just ask buddy.
Ok buddy, I've got a question (maybe a stupid one). When I do all of the above and then open the file in Windows explorer, it still has the .wav extension as before, is this normal or should it have a different extension.

TIA

NM... found it

sdip

Jul 30, 2007
please tell the last bit precisely

please elaborate the correct directory after conversion and renaming...
where is it exactly thanks in advance

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
please elaborate the correct directory after conversion and renaming...
where is it exactly thanks in advance
Email: System/Library/Audio/UISounds/new-mail.caf

Text: System/Library/Audio/UISounds/sms-received.caf