is there roaming with data?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cflamm

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
i'm leaving the state (florida) for a 2 week vacation and i just realized that maybe i'm taking something for granted: i know there aren't roaming charges for phone (talking) services and i assumed the same for data since it uses the same network. is this a correct assumption?

i'd hate to come back from vacation and have a $400 bill from using the internet and email while i was out of state.

thanks

carl

cflamm

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
this is the plan i have as quoted from att page on my account:

FamilyTalk Nation 850 Rollover & Unlimited Night/Weekend & Unlimited Mobile-To-Mobile Minutes

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
this is the plan i have as quoted from att page on my account:

FamilyTalk Nation 850 Rollover & Unlimited Night/Weekend & Unlimited Mobile-To-Mobile Minutes
I can tell by the plan you have that you were a cingular/AT&T customer before you got the iPhone. Roaming is included in the cell part. When you got the iPhone you HAD to include the $20 UNLIMITED email/data. The email/data part does not have roaming, you either have the service or don't. You are good to go on vacation and email and surft the internet as much as you like. BTW: I have the same plan.

...with all of that said, your best bet is to call AT&T and ask one of the customer service reps to double check.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
You should be ok, provided you don't go over your mintues for phone usage.

Either way, data uses EDGE or Wifi and it's unlimited.

cflamm

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
thanks petalmom and popdevil...that's what i thought...

one other thing though...i'm going to p.a....i know coverage is spotty in the area i'm going to (slashed on the att map.) will i even be able to use data if i'm on a partner's tower?