Is this a fake?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
Seen this advertised for sale on a local buy n sell page. I'm not convinced it's genuine as never come across a box with THAT written on it before.....
ImageUploadedByiCafe1343962726.347600.jpg

Sent from Lady Sara's iPhone using iCafe app

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
£250. Never been opened apparently, but it has been opened because it's not inside the box. Comes with charger etc. I think the camera lens on the front looks a little too big, but may be wrong.

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
Seeing that they have opened the box but sent you a picture of the device powered off, I wouldn't trust it. If you see a picture of the "iPhone" working, then I would be more apt to take a chance on it, you know?

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
The seller states its never been used or turned on. It's looks like its had a screen protector on. If it was brand new and never been turned on surely it would be in A CORRECT box with an iPhone picture on and have the original screen protector on. It's an obvious refurb in my opinion and why would it have a 3rd party charger? I'd give him £150 because of the points stated.

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
Seeing that they have opened the box but sent you a picture of the device powered off, I wouldn't trust it. If you see a picture of the "iPhone" working, then I would be more apt to take a chance on it, you know?
yeah true. I want to tell others to beware. But from what I hear he's not one to be messed with.

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
yeah true. I want to tell others to beware. But from what I hear he's not one to be messed with.

The way I see it is, you can only tell so many people not to buy something before they do anyway. You can make a posting stating that you want to see the phone working before you will consider it. Since the phone is out of the box, it is already considered a 'used' phone and not a 'new' one. If they won't do that, then others will already know not to purchase it.

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Seen this advertised for sale on a local buy n sell page. I'm not convinced it's genuine as never come across a box with THAT written on it before..... View attachment 24261

I got one of those boxes when I sent my iPhone off for repair. He has probably done the same, received his replacement and decided to sell up. If it's on eBay you're protected from scams anyway.

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
The camera may look big in the picture if there is some kind of screen protector on it and it has a cutout for the front-facing camera. That's definitely an AppleCare box so it's either repaired or refurbished. I wouldn't buy it though unless I saw pictures of it turned on.