Is This an iPhone 6 Case?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
Well, the screen is said to be edge-to-edge on ip6 so this image is surely a fake.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe Forums

Proud owner of iPhone5, iPhone4 and ipad2

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
That mold looks good. It's bigger than our current iPhone 5s.

Oh, I suppose fitting in my pocket will be a thing of the past if this is the height.LOL! A little wider but much taller is not really conducive to pocket storage.

However, good thing this is a rumor. I'm hoping Apple doesn't stray too far from the hand held portability of the iPhone we have all grown to love. As long as it can fit in my pocket and I can operate it with one hand still, that would be ideal.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Meh. Rumored case pictures don't hold any water for me, especially this early in the game. I remember seeing large iPhone 5 cases a couple years ago and they all turned out to be fakes.

I still believe we will see a bigger iPhone this September. I just don't believe this is an actual case that was made for that phone.

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
It makes perfect sense to me. My rumors are saying "less bezel" and not "no bezel". Also, isn't this the same kind of thing Apple did when increasing the screen size from the 4s to the 5? They went for taller but not wider. Seems like the kind of thing Apple would do, especially considering the height of current large screen favorites like the HTC One and Samsung Galaxies. Easy one-handed use has been the mantra for Apple with respect to the iPhone, all the way back to Steve Jobs announcing the original iPhone.

I believe this case we're seeing is the smoking gun for the iPhone 6. *Slightly* wider, significantly taller. It all fits with what we know of Apple's design philosophy.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The case pictured might also not be the final design. We don't know if that case is the final design or a prototype.
Or a fake like we've seen in the past. Being a fake doesn't mean they aren't making a large iPhone 6. It just means this isn't a case for it.

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
I can live with "a little longer" but not thinner. At this point a little wider is practically a necessity. A couple millimeters wider and more of an edge-to-edge screen will not detract from one handed usability.

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
"Thinnest phone made" is still a statistic manufacturers covet. Silly really, but it's still something they strive for. Kind of like having the highest megapixel count in a phone.