Is it pretty much done?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No. There's hope.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Just from your perspective and point of view, do you think this car is done?

From looking at what happened under the hood, it's not really as damaged as it looks from the outside. The engine and most of the parts are still in normal shape and in place, however, the right side of the car, as seen in the picture, is pretty much useless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
No looks newer. Insurance will not total a car unless a frame is damaged and even they sometimes won't. What year? If it is under five years old I would expect them to repair it.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Ouch..... Too bad my grandpa retired from the body shop businesss. I could get him to fix it. He'd make it brand new and better. ;)

But no I don't think it's totaled. I've seen much worse in the shop.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
All they will care about is if it is bent to much. Which is hard to do. What did you hit? How fast?
I was going around 75mp/h and I hit a car from behind, specifically the left side (tail light and tire) while swerving right, but the big impact was when I hit that sidewalk or whatever it is and went over it (still don't know how that happened).

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
If they do total it out the insurance company will pay the value of it, so if its not paid for they will pay it off.
I understand that. But the problem is that the resale value of cars in Egypt is really bad, especially ones that exceed the $25,000 USD mark, and that's what insurance companies use to calculate how much I should be afforded, which in the end will turn out much less than if I had sold the car. I believe fixing it would be much more beneficial because for one thing they will not pay me much and I won't be able to get a decent car, and for another I really love my car and enjoy driving it more than all others I've driven and I'd hate for it to be ruled totaled.