Is This Case Ok for A College Student?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by lovercase, Jul 18, 2012.

1. lovercase

lovercase Member
    Bronze

I think it's cute, but my roomies said it's suitable for a little girl, not for a college student, I'm a junior, by the way. Really?

Link

2. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Hi There.

You have to do what's right for you. You have to make your own decisions. If you feel its fine for you, then by all means ignore your roomies and get it.

Being a Junior in College you are not a kid any more. Thats over.

All that being said, my opinion is that yes, it is too juvenile for a young adult to have. If you are a teacher or teaching assistant they can make great visual aids in the classroom with the kids as far as a game, or an activity, or something. Teachers have to be creative and this could go towards that. For an adult, meh, not so much as to own and use it on a daily regular basis.

Don't be discouraged. There are millions of beautiful cases out there that can reflect your personality without being "too young" for you.

3. Mathew Connelly

Bronze

I like the cases! There is no right or wrong in this world - it is all illusion - we grow up with that illusion because seeing the world otherwise would overwhelm us.

The older you get, the more you realize that it is your choice that really matters and makes your life different, makes you what you are and not what the others want you to be.

If you like it, Get it!

Edit: Of course, note that one of the greatest laws in physics (discovered by Newton) says: "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction". Your actions come with consequences: learn to face them! :)

4. lovercase

lovercase Member
    Bronze

Thanks very much, but I choose another one at last, maybe they are right...I think.
    http://www.ohotdeal.com/effiel-tower-protective-case-for-iphone-4-4s.html This one is much better for me, right?

5. lovercase

lovercase Member
    Bronze

I like it very much too, but I don't want my roomies always say that I'm still a little girl, so I chose another one. Thanks very much.

6. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

7. Kobel1up

Kobel1up Member
    Bronze

Ok, I have seen way to many college students watching sponge bob and other shows that are childish. It's just an iPhone case. So if you have a case that has Calvin peeing on an Android does that make you grown up? Get what makes you happy. worry about what you have on your phone when you go to a job interview or are in the professional work force.

8. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I'd say go to the local mall/fleamarket they have plenty of stands selling those type of cases. See them for yourself.
    It's not always about the look. Sometimes it's about the feel. An example is I hate that rubbery feel what some cases have. Some of the low priced cases also have the cut outs incorrect. If you try it you can tell if it's the right case. Don't take the roomie he will just make fun at anything you get. Last pick one you like not the one you think other would like you to have.
    I am 45 years old I have a Rilakkuma bear case with Rilakkuma charms

9. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Yes! Some of the cheaper cases have little dings on them. I got some rubber cases from ebay that were CHEAP! I needed something for the iPhone 4 when it came out and there was nothing available, so I hit ebay. The cases did their job, but some of them did not have the correct cut outs. It was too funny and they were too cheap for me to be mad. I used them until I could get the good ones I was waiting for from Incase.

Shopping around is a good thing to do. you never know what you can find.

10. lovercase

lovercase Member
    Bronze

Thanks very much, I'm so happy that you think it's good, and also after I used it for couple of days, I think it's OK.

11. lovercase

lovercase Member
    Bronze

Totally agree with what your said, but I just keep worried about what other people will say, I know it wrong, but just can not stop this.

12. lovercase

lovercase Member
    Bronze

You have a Rilakkuma bear case, you must be a very cool person, I want to be you. PS: I also hate rubber because it's really hard to clean when it gets dirty. I like you, imutter, lol...

13. lovercase

lovercase Member
    Bronze

So you just can not find a good case for your iPhone? Seems like you have high demand on it. By the way, I don't like to shop on Ebay, neither, cause for most of items there, both of quality and price are bad.

14. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I found some GR8 cases for my iPhone! I love the Incase cases. They are expensive but they last and they protect well. Plus, there is a warranty of a year on them. Ebay does have cheap cases and or use and or defective cases being masqueraded as new and in good condition.

The cases I got from eBay were cheap rubber cases and some TPU cases but they were very cheap. So cheap all you could do was laugh at them.

I think this go around with the new iPhone manufacturers will have cases available. By the time the iPhone 4S came out I had an abundance of cases and didn't need to wait for any to be made.

15. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

I got that same case for my step daughter. She loves it. Although the glasses fell off the girl but we just glued them back on.

As far as cases go, I've literally spent hundreds of dollars on cases in the last couple years only to eventually go naked and not have any. Lol!

16. Kobel1up

Kobel1up Member
    Bronze

Same here, lots of money on cases and then I just went naked again. When I do use a case it is the bumper case, still a clean look and it does protect pretty well.

17. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

Me Too! I only use bumpers when I decide to put something on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

18. lovercase

lovercase Member
    Bronze

The same case, you mean the "girl" one? I like it very much, but it's pity I choose another one.

19. lovercase

lovercase Member
    Bronze

Yeah, I don't want to spend much money on a case, but people have their own opinion on this, I can understand.

20. lovercase

lovercase Member
    Bronze

Is bumper really good to use? Maybe I can try after my case is...out of work, you know.