Is this good battery life

lowram00

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
memphis TN
Ok cool because I had get Apple switch out phones with me want make sure. At first the lock screen keep coming on and off own it own but that seem to quit want make sure battery life was good.before I put my zagg shield on it. Don't want have take it back after doing that kinda sucks lol

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
Here's my latest...

Also, a few questions, if I may:

If I have Exchange and Gmail accounts and have Push on, only my Exchange account actually gets updates as emails come in. The gmail account is still using the Fetch option, yes?

Also, does a battery really do better over the long term if you top it off whenever possible rather than getting it down to 10% all the time and bringing it all the way back up? Should the phone be unplugged as soon as it hits 100%, or can you leave it plugged in for hours with a full charge without affecting battery life/performance?

Attachments

Mar 2, 2009
California
Here's my latest...

Also, a few questions, if I may:

If I have Exchange and Gmail accounts and have Push on, only my Exchange account actually gets updates as emails come in. The gmail account is still using the Fetch option, yes?

Also, does a battery really do better over the long term if you top it off whenever possible rather than getting it down to 10% all the time and bringing it all the way back up? Should the phone be unplugged as soon as it hits 100%, or can you leave it plugged in for hours with a full charge without affecting battery life/performance?
If you want G-mail to have push, you'll need to setup through Exchange. To setup G-mail through exchange, take the following steps:

1. Add a new exchange account under settings > mail > add new account
  2. Enter your e-mail address, username and password. Enter an appropriate description for the account
  3. After pressing Next, you'll see a new field that says "server". Enter m.google.com, then Done.
  4. Select which items you want to sync: mail, contacts, calendars.
  5. Hit save to finish

I can't comment on the battery portion. I try to keep it topped off and sometimes it does seem to last a bit longer, but it varies with me as I don't charge it often except going to bed.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Depends on what iOS version you are running. There wasn't one before iOS 4, so hopefully you are above that. Double click the home button to open task manager. hold down on an icon to put it in "edit" mode, where the icons wiggle and have a minus symbol in the upper left corner. clicking the minus symbol removes the app from the task manager.

BoDEAN

Bronze
Apr 28, 2011
Chicago
The article recommends this app call push for gmail. If I use this would I disable or delete the gmail exchange account on my iPhone?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I have Gmail "exchange" setup on my phone, but I disabled it. IMAP is just fine when used with Push for Gmail, because it still gives you all your folders. Notifications are from the PforGmail app, so there is no need for the exchange account- unless you want to use it for just contacts and calendar.