Is this legit?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by iloveios, Sep 27, 2013.

1. iloveios

iloveios New Member

I have been getting emails from "Apple" saying I need to change my password. I've been ignoring them, but this morning I got this email. Is this legit? I only get it on one of my emails, I have two iTunes account. ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1380309983.854089.jpg ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1380309997.552823.jpg ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1380310012.668272.jpg

Sent using iCafe app

2. snowtrooper1966

Gold

I'd say no.
    The . Extension is .fr
    Are you in France?

Also, wording and usage seems odd....

3. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

"In general, all account-related activities will take place in the iTunes application directly, not through a web browser. If you are asked to update your account information, make sure that you do so only in iTunes or on a legitimate page on Apple.com, such as the online Apple Store. "

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2075

This link below will provide information on determining if an email may be fraudulent.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4933

"Phishing emails tend to start with generic phrases like "Dear valued customer" or your email account name, such as "Dear snookums123," instead of your name ("Dear Emily" for example). Most legitimate companies include your name in their correspondence because companies will have it on record (if you've dealt with them before)."

4. iloveios

iloveios New Member

Okay, thank you! Good thing I ignored it.

Sent using iCafe app

5. rgomez

rgomez Member
    Bronze

There is absolutely NO way that email is legit. A company like Apple will not send out any email with such grammatical errors.

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Not a problem. I am glad you ignored it. Other than these emails you received, others can look very real but they may not be. This is why all iPhone or other device owner need to be very careful with emails they receive.