Is this normal for battery life? Please help!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bmw330ci

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
I charge my phone every night and take it off the charger at about 7am.

I use EDGE browsing and listen to the iPod simutaneously for about 40 minutes in the morning. I text, do quick calls, and use the Stocks and Weather apps throughout the day.

Then at lunch I browse with EDGE for about another 40 minutes not while listening to the iPod. Then I listen to the iPod for about 30 minutes before I get home.

By this time at about 3pm I'm down to around 2/5-1/4 battery. Rarely, as much as half.

Is that normal? With my previous iPhone I kinda remember it lasting longer.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I charge my phone every night and take it off the charger at about 7am.

I use EDGE browsing and listen to the iPod simutaneously for about 40 minutes in the morning. I text, do quick calls, and use the Stocks and Weather apps throughout the day.

Then at lunch I browse with EDGE for about another 40 minutes not while listening to the iPod. Then I listen to the iPod for about 30 minutes before I get home.

By this time at about 3pm I'm down to around 2/5-1/4 battery. Rarely, as much as half.

Is that normal? With my previous iPhone I kinda remember it lasting longer.
That's definitely not normal. I usually use mine for 8-10 hours over two days before I have to recharge. I would take it to an Apple store and get it checked out.

iFuNk

Bronze
Oct 25, 2007
That's definitely not normal. I usually use mine for 8-10 hours over two days before I have to recharge. I would take it to an Apple store and get it checked out.

Really? This is news to me ... i thought my battery was normal .. but after even 30 minutes of internet use ... i lose about 1/4 of the life ... i'm beginning to think that this is not normal ...

Also ... i don't know if its just in my head .. but as the battery gets lower ... the rate at which it drains seems to be much faster ... but then again .. i also notice this in my car gas tank ... maybe its just me

electoman

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I, too, have noticed differing battery usages. Yesterday, I was taking some pictures with the phone and noticed that it was at the 20% warning level. It was steady running down without the WiFi running and I closed Safari. It was weird. Today, everything seems fine.

bmw330ci

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
I have a exactly half battery left today with little use. As in about 1:30 of internet and 30 minutes of iPod usage. Plus the normal texts, calls and apps.

kazzaf

Sep 23, 2007
my first phone had this problem. I took the phoen off charger at 7:30am. Throughout the day I used internet for about 45 mins, listen to a few podcast and the battery was in red. This was about 5:30 or so.

Looking at my usage on my iPhone right now. I took it off charger at 7:30 11/2(yesterday) and its reading usage 7hr 17 min Standby 1 day 15hrs and its still at half. yesterday I was listening to podcast all day at work. maybe 40 min of internet use 30-40 min of calls and today about 30 min of internet and 1hr work of calls.