Is This Normal?

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
Is it normal for mobile substrate to have an update every two days? It keeps asking me to update and it's getting really annoying..

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Yeah. I keep updating and no harm has been done. I think the release of 3Gunrestrictor may have been waiting on the latest update to mobile substrate.

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
Yeah. I keep updating and no harm has been done. I think the release of 3Gunrestrictor may have been waiting on the latest update to mobile substrate.
Ok cool :). I just wanted to know just in case there was something wrong with my mobile substrate. Thanks Anne (or was it Ann?) :D

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
On the subject of Mobile Substrate, my phone has been constantly going into Safe Mode since i did the first update through cydia. It seems to have gone now (since another Mobile Substrate update has come out). I'm sure i received 2-3 updates.

Has anyone else suffered from this..? I only assume some others have due to updates coming out so soon.

thealiencow

Bronze
Sep 14, 2008
On the subject of Mobile Substrate, my phone has been constantly going into Safe Mode since i did the first update through cydia.
Yeah, I got this all the time. My theory was WeatherIcon, and it seemed to occur the most often when plugging into a power source. Anyway, let's hope the most recent update fixes things.

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
@iPhonewarrior: only problem is my battery percentage.. It worries me. It sometimes gets stuck but all I have to do is restart the phone.

@Roll Fizzlebeef: lol? Why?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
@iPhonewarrior: only problem is my battery percentage.. It worries me. It sometimes gets stuck but all I have to do is restart the phone.
I'll stick to what other people suggest, which is to switch your phone on and off daily to keep things running smooth etc. I wouldn't like to guess why your batt % gets stuck..

As i mentioned above and where others have mentioned in other threads, i believe that when you use icons of a dynamic nature (moving etc), i think it causes the phone to crash or act weird. I had a live clock, i think this was the problem. So i'm going to re-load it and see if it was infact the clock giving me the issues.

I don't think you have problems with your substrate either. It'll be something silly. If you think about it, your own mobile substrate protects itself from itself.. how irish does that sound. I can't explain it better without further research.