Is this odd or is it me?

LDT

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
This morning I decided to run the battery all the way down before recharging. Woke the phone up (I leave it on all the time) and noticed no signal but full strength on the wifi. Didn't think much of it so I turned on my location service, went to maps and had it find my location. No problem. Walked out of the house, lost the wifi but it continued tracking my movement with no signal or wifi. Continued doing this til I got to work. I called my phone and it went straight to voice mail. Still no signal. Turned the phone off and back on and got full bars on the signal. Tried to locate in maps again and it could not find me. (Full signal and wifi) I am charging the phone now and will see what happens later.

Any guesses?

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Its a little bizarre. I would try a restore if it happens again. For info, if I have my iPhone in airplane mode (which technically you did after you lost wifi) can i still use gps apps?

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
My GPS doesn't work at all unless I have phone signal, no matter which GPS enabled app I use.

Really frustrating when I'm mountain biking in remote areas.

LDT

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
My GPS doesn't work at all unless I have phone signal, no matter which GPS enabled app I use.
That is what I thought was real odd. It showed me moving down the road and had no signal showing on the phone.

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
never had the problem with maps but, I have had to respring the board to get 3g to show up after i go from wifi to 3g because i don't leave it on all the time. A respring always fixed this though. don't know if your jailbroken or not.

LDT

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
I know of two others in my area that had no service this morning also. One got back after truning the phone off and on and the other had to remove the simm card.

My phone is not jailbroken.