Is This Real?

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
So my school had a week where we pledge not to smoke or whatever, which I don't, and they posted this fact on the cafeteria wall.

"More people die every year from smoking-related diseases than from AIDS, alcohol, car accidents, fires, drugs, murders, and suicides combined."

You have to be kidding me. I typed it word for word in my Notes on iPhone in order to remember it. Can anyone actually vouch that the above is correct?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I read today that heart disease is at its lowest, so that means that other things take its place.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
So my school had a week where we pledge not to smoke or whatever, which I don't, and they posted this fact on the cafeteria wall.

"More people die every year from smoking-related diseases than from AIDS, alcohol, car accidents, fires, drugs, murders, and suicides combined."

You have to be kidding me. I typed it word for word in my Notes on iPhone in order to remember it. Can anyone actually vouch that the above is correct?
Of cause it's true!

Do a quick mind experiment - wander into a hospital, are the wards full of people with cancer and heart disease or with gunshot wounds or steering-wheels around their necks.