is this true or ever been try

lowram00

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
memphis TN
i have heard that if you cant get the 3g for the upgraded price that if you use the v1 for a few weeks or so that you walk in to att and say i have the first iPhone and that they give you the upgraded price any truth behind that just wondering

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
i have heard that if you cant get the 3g for the upgraded price that if you use the v1 for a few weeks or so that you walk in to att and say i have the first iPhone and that they give you the upgraded price any truth behind that just wondering
I've not heard that, and you used the word 'that' 5 times in a single, long sentence. LOL :p

lowram00

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
memphis TN
so what if u have upgraded to the 3g and then broke it and went back to your v1 can they tell lol

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I do believe this only works if you have the original v1 iPhone data plan. You must be subscribed to the data plan in addition to having a v1. I could be mistaken but it seems to make the most sense.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
How do you get the v1 without paying the extra $200 anyway? Aren't all ebay iPhones like over $200? As Trevowski said, if you have the iPhone legit then you are grandfathered. If you don't have an iPhone and you aren't eligible for the subsidized price, getting into the club is going to cost you an additional $200, unless you can somehow get a v1 from someone cheaper or for free. It's not stolen is it? Sorry, but I gotta ask.

cdbformula

Bronze
Jan 6, 2008
i had a v1 and couldn't get the 3g until i was eligible for an upgrade.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
i had a v1 and couldn't get the 3g until i was eligible for an upgrade.
Wow. That must suck.
Any V1 owner that hasn't boughten a 3G yet is automatically due for an upgrade, but only towards the 3G iPhone, I think.

cdbformula

Bronze
Jan 6, 2008
AT&T told me this. I tried twice, had my v1 with me and still no luck. When I was up for an upgrade I still had some problems cause the first time I tried to get one the did something in their computer and renewed my contract with out giving me a phone. I finally got it and love it so far.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I do believe this only works if you have the original v1 iPhone data plan. You must be subscribed to the data plan in addition to having a v1. I could be mistaken but it seems to make the most sense.
Yup, makes sense. You wouldn't just go and buy an used iPhone v1 from any one else (whether broken & opened before or not) and then go to any AT&T store and then just lie in their faces lol. That would be lame.