Is this/will this be possible?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 10, 2007
Whenever a software crack is available to the public, or I use a TurbioSIM or any other nifty trick, can I have an AT&T account, use the phone feature, Wi-Fi and iPod, but never use EDGE? I would like a Wi-Fi iPod Phone without have to pay for data.

Thanks for the help!

erroneous

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
Can I have my "Cake"... AND EAT IT TOO?

"...can I have an AT&T account, use the phone feature, Wi-Fi and iPod, but never use EDGE? I would like a Wi-Fi iPod Phone without have to pay for data."

I Guess anything is possible in one's lifetime.

What kind of cake sounds good right about now?

John ~~~

Sep 10, 2007
Can I have my "Cake"... AND EAT IT TOO?

"...can I have an AT&T account, use the phone feature, Wi-Fi and iPod, but never use EDGE? I would like a Wi-Fi iPod Phone without have to pay for data."

I Guess anything is possible in one's lifetime.

What kind of cake sounds good right about now?

John ~~~
That was unnecessary. You took the time out of your day to respond with a jackass comment like that? All right.

And yes, I want an iPhone wihthout paying for data, the entire purpose of Wi-Fi being on their in the first place is to use it instead of EDGE. Can anyone answer my question without a (facetious) question of their own? John can't, but I don't have high expectations for him.

jayeden

Sep 13, 2007
That was unnecessary. You took the time out of your day to respond with a jackass comment like that? All right.

And yes, I want an iPhone wihthout paying for data, the entire purpose of Wi-Fi being on their in the first place is to use it instead of EDGE. Can anyone answer my question without a (facetious) question of their own? John can't, but I don't have high expectations for him.

i agre, the guys an *******, as far as i know, this is entirely possible - I live in canada, and on my iPhone (unlocked) i have my iPhone with just a voice plan, no data, and connect to wifi points without a problem..

Sep 10, 2007
i agre, the guys an *******, as far as i know, this is entirely possible - I live in canada, and on my iPhone (unlocked) i have my iPhone with just a voice plan, no data, and connect to wifi points without a problem..
That is incredibly encouraging! Do all of your apps that require internet access work over wi-fi? (Mail and Maps for example)

I also would like to know, how well does the phone portion work for you? Any problems using that at all? Does it work differently than advertised in that regard?

By the way, congrats on running an iPhone in Canada :laugh2:

jayeden

Sep 13, 2007
That is incredibly encouraging! Do all of your apps that require internet access work over wi-fi? (Mail and Maps for example)

I also would like to know, how well does the phone portion work for you? Any problems using that at all? Does it work differently than advertised in that regard?

By the way, congrats on running an iPhone in Canada :laugh2:
every single app works perfectly with the exception of visual voicemail (as my provider does not offer it)

the phone portion works perfectly, sometime the call qality isn't the greatest, but as i have read from other peoples experiences...they havnt mastered this portion of the phone yet- overall, im extremely pleased with the setup i have been blessed with :D:D

erroneous

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
It's all in one's own personal interpretation of the written word.

Evidently the use of terms like, "jackass", and "*******" bring
a sense of relevance for you. (Both)

The only term I mentioned was "cake".

I guess when we don't know how to communicate, we resort to
primitive speak.

Nothing but great results in your quest to get what you want from
the iPhone.

You "read" like someone that will figure it all out.

John

piloting

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
Whenever a software crack is available to the public, or I use a TurbioSIM or any other nifty trick, can I have an AT&T account, use the phone feature, Wi-Fi and iPod, but never use EDGE? I would like a Wi-Fi iPod Phone without have to pay for data.

Thanks for the help!
Go the the setting-general-network-EDGE and change the APN address. This will disable your EDGE. Why not switching to tmobile.;)

ZodiacfreaK

Bronze
Jan 11, 2007
It's all in one's own personal interpretation of the written word.
Evidently the use of terms like, "jackass", and "*******" bring
a sense of relevance for you. (Both)
The only term I mentioned was "cake".
I guess when we don't know how to communicate, we resort to
primitive speak.
Nothing but great results in your quest to get what you want from
the iPhone.
You "read" like someone that will figure it all out.
John
Yeah, you may not have said anything too offensive, but when you do that and then fail to help a person in any way, shape, or form, people get angry :)

Also in reply to the original topic, the new 1.1.1 update gives you the option to disable EDGE in your preferences menu!