Is "Wondershare Dr. Fone for iOS" download safe to use?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by dkgoodman, May 5, 2017.

1. dkgoodman

dkgoodman New Member

The plug for the charger to my iphone 5S stopped allowing it to charge. It was under warranty and Apple replaced my phone with another. The "new" 5S will not allow the backup that I have saved to my Windows 7 computer to be restored to this new 5S; I could only restore that which was on the cloud...no contacts, which are what I'm most interested in recovering.
    The "Wondershare Dr. Fone for iOS" download indicates that it can help me recover those contacts but I'm hoping someone might be familiar with it. I certainly don't want to download something nasty to my computer.
    Thank you for any help.

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Where on your Windows computer did you back up the previous 5s? iCloud? iTunes? Have you tried going to settings > iCloud > Toggle on Contacts? If it's on, toggle it off, choose delete from my phone, then toggle back on.

3. dkgoodman

dkgoodman New Member

I went ahead and downloaded the program and it seems that I would have to download a paid version, which given that the "trial" version is not helpful, I'm going to delete Dr Fone, and I may just have to upgrade from Windows 7 to the dreadful Windows 10 which I was trying to avoid. grrrrr

#3 dkgoodman, May 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'm actually not having any issues with Windows 10.

#4 Napoleon PhoneApart, May 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  5. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Windows 10 really isn't all that dreadful but it is different from earlier Windows versions and requires quite a learning curve from a Windows 7 environment. Like you, I prefer the comfort of Windows 7 but 10 is a much better operating system as it is a good deal faster and more secure.

6. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

What version of iOS did you have on the old 5s?
    I don't see how a difference from Windows 7 to 10 will help with restoring from a backup.