Is your iPhone's clock correct? Think so? Better check it.

Laguna

Jul 4, 2007
We have three iPhones and none agree on the time even though all are set to automatic. My wife's is 2 minutes slower than mine and our Macs (all our Macs are set to automatic and all agree). Mine is 3 seconds slower than the Mac and our daughter's is 10 seconds slow.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
I wouldn't be very happy if mine was two minutes slow either. Two seconds would be another story.

eufo

Bronze
Aug 22, 2007
Miami
We have three iPhones and none agree on the time even though all are set to automatic. My wife's is 2 minutes slower than mine and our Macs (all our Macs are set to automatic and all agree). Mine is 3 seconds slower than the Mac and our daughter's is 10 seconds slow.
That's really bizarre. I would think the iPhone's would at least agree with one another within a few seconds anyway.

My iPhone is about 13 seconds behind my Windows XP computer with both on automatic. That's close enough for me. ;)

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
All my Macs, my iPhone and my cable boxes agree with each other. I'm happy.
Perhaps the spacetime continuum is distorted where you live?

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
My iPhone Calendar alerts pop up simultaneously with iCal on the Mac. :cool:

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
My iPhone Calendar alerts pop up simultaneously with iCal on the Mac. :cool:
Mine are also simutaneous on my iPhone and Vista/Outlook 2007. I think the issue the OP is highlighting here is that, at least where he is, setting the iPhone's time function to automatcally update may be a useless idea. Ideally, you would set this function and never have to think about it again. In this case, if you work on a tightly scheduled job, over a period of months (or even weeks), the inaccuracy could cause a serious problem. I'm not talking about a two minute variation, but it you are one of the increasing number of people who have opted out of wearing a watch in lieu of using your cell phone to track time, this really could be an issue. I still wear a watch, but I have used my cell as an alarm clock for years now.
Thanks to the OP for pointing this out!

RJ1

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Celebration FL
yesterday I have no idea what happened but I was at starbucks and checked the time on my iPhone (password prompt screen) it says it was 10 something pm when it was only 6pm.

After I reset the phone it was back to the normal time again... the battery was all good and synced it to the computer just before and that was in correct time. weird...

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
My 3 Macs, XP PC and iPhone all agree.

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
2 iPhones, cable box, laptop all together... one second difference from laptop to cable box and one second difference from cable box to iPhones... LOL but seconds are like pennys... worthless unless you have a lot of them

ZeroG

Aug 19, 2007
Check your settings.

You need to check your timezone settings. I have my MacBook and my iPhone set to Los Angeles. Now they might be like 30 seconds off, but that is probably due to the AT&T wireless network.

When my MacBook was set to another timezone still on the west coast and my iPhone was set to Los Angeles there were a few minutes off.