iShare not working?

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
Just wondering if anyone else has had trouble getting iShare (SendSpace) to work. I was trying to get some NES ROMs on my phone this way, but every time I try to download a file to the phone it says the download failed.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Where are you trying to save? I think you can only save to /var/mobile/ now if you're on 1.1.3.

So if you're trying to install roms to /var/root/Media/ROMs its probably not gonna work.

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
I have been trying to save to var/mobile/media/NES/ROMs...or something akin to that, but I think the error is occuring with SendSpace - it's saying "download failed." I'll try it again this morning for good measure, but several attempts yesterday gave me the same response.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Well, my iShare works, I just can't remember what I did to get it going.

Are you familiar with using the Terminal or changing permissions?

You may need to give your ROMs folder permissions of 777, I have a feeling that the owner of the folder may be "root" since it was made while logged in as the user "root". Therefore you could try either changing your ROMs folder owner, or just its permissions so anyone can write to it.

in Terminal it would look like this to change the permissions:

chmod -R 777 /var/mobile/Media/ROMs

or to change the owner

chown -R mobile /var/mobile/Media/ROMs

---

The -R in both lines applies the changes recursively.

Additionally, if you notice that iShare is not saving your login settings, its also because the app folder is owned by "root" and can be resolved by changing it's owner or permissions similarly to whats posted above.

chmod -R 777 /Applications/iShare.app

chown -R mobile /Applications/iShare.app

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
Hmm, you may be onto something...I've never used Term-vt100 (is this the "terminal" you were talking about)?

I opened this program and it asks for a password/login. I have no idea what it is? Any ideas?