iShare Updated and Working Smoothly

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
iShare has been updated, give your Installer.app a gander.

iShare allows you to move files back and forth with your sendspace.com account. I've been using the free service to store my icons for programs that keep changing them when updated, like NES.

iShare can also be used as another method for getting files on to your iPhone if you don't have connectivity with your desktop machine. Simply upload the file to sendspace from a desktop, for me its my work computer, then log in to iShare to retrieve the file, in my case it was some ringtones (can't install iTunes here so i'm stuck doing things the long way).

Enjoy!

BTW- The file manager is still on the "ToDo" list, so for now we'll have to transfer files using their 6 digit ID that you can find in your Sendspace account.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
iShare has been updated, give your Installer.app a gander.

iShare allows you to move files back and forth with your sendspace.com account. I've been using the free service to store my icons for programs that keep changing them when updated, like NES.

iShare can also be used as another method for getting files on to your iPhone if you don't have connectivity with your desktop machine. Simply upload the file to sendspace from a desktop, for me its my work computer, then log in to iShare to retrieve the file, in my case it was some ringtones (can't install iTunes here so i'm stuck doing things the long way).

Enjoy!

BTW- The file manager is still on the "ToDo" list, so for now we'll have to transfer files using their 6 digit ID that you can find in your Sendspace account.
Whenever I try and register for iShare I get an error message. They tell me to click some ShareSpace logo but I can never see it, only a Register button in the top right, so I click that instead. This is when I get the error. What am I doing wrong? (Also, why is there only one box to make a password? Isn't this kind of dangerous, especially since we can't verify what we've typed?)

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I honestly can't answer these questions, but I can tell you what I did to get things working.

In a nutshell, I just set up my account via Safari at www.sendspace.com . I got one of those confirmation emails and clicked the link to activate my account. From there I logged in using iShare and it's been working fine ever since.

nioted

Jul 21, 2007
Whenever I try and register for iShare I get an error message. They tell me to click some ShareSpace logo but I can never see it, only a Register button in the top right, so I click that instead. This is when I get the error. What am I doing wrong? (Also, why is there only one box to make a password? Isn't this kind of dangerous, especially since we can't verify what we've typed?)
got the same problem the first few times using it so I registered from my computer and once i was, i just logged in from my iPhone and everything worked great.

tftftf

Sep 10, 2007
to access downloaded files

Hi everyone,

I just downloaded a mp3 from iShare to my music folder, but how do I actually access the file in my Phone? It doesn't appear in my iTunes list or anything.. any help would be great! thank you.;)

Boslee

Sep 23, 2007
Hi everyone,

I just downloaded a mp3 from iShare to my music folder, but how do I actually access the file in my Phone? It doesn't appear in my iTunes list or anything.. any help would be great! thank you.;)
I'm having the same issue. Anybody know how to download an mp3 straight into a workable music library? ( to be played straight off iPhone?)

Thanks!

Sep 22, 2007
you should be able to use mobile finder to move the file to the proper directory however the music library isn't stored with the actual filenames, it uses the f-ed up naming scheme from the ipod.