iSIM

phillyphill39

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
iSim, saving/importing contacts from to/from sim!

Just incase you guys haven't seen this in the installer app. There is a program that you can store your contacts to your sim card. It's like the camera app program where they give you free features and then there are other features that you have to pay for.

The free features are:

Copying the contacts to the sim card one by one
Copying the contacts from the sim card one by one
Making a phone call from the sim card

Pay Features are:

One Click back up all of your contacts
One Click import of contacts from an old sim card

moze

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
Just incase you guys haven't seen this in the installer app. There is a program that you can store your contacts to your sim card. It's like the camera app program where they give you free features and then there are other features that you have to pay for.

The free features are:

Copying the contacts to the sim card one by one
Copying the contacts from the sim card one by one
Making a phone call from the sim card

Pay Features are:

One Click back up all of your contacts
One Click import of contacts from an old sim card
sounds pretty cool and useful. makes up for what Apple was too lazy to do

iCreep

Bronze
Nov 14, 2007
I have this app but now that I realize you have to move the contacts one at a time I'm getting rid of it. That's just ridiculous. I have 50 contacts, that may not be much but it sure would seem like it 1 swap at a time...

What exactly is the upside of calling from your Sim exactly?

iCreep.

phillyphill39

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
I don't think it would take that long to do 50 contacts, and its really only for people who don't have a way to get the contacts from phone to phone. if they have them saved on their older sim card they can copy them to the phone. Not to sure about the calling from the sim card, i don't use the program. i have my contacts backed up in 2 places.

Sep 29, 2007
I always am scarred to mess with sim card. Backing up on computer is better to me anyway. If you place your sim card in another phone than back into your iPhone your phone becomes a mess along with your acc. The IMEI number is matched to the sim card and so if its in a different phone it messes it up sometimes.

Bad experiences

SkyyBoy

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Hawaii
I always am scarred to mess with sim card. Backing up on computer is better to me anyway. If you place your sim card in another phone than back into your iPhone your phone becomes a mess along with your acc. The IMEI number is matched to the sim card and so if its in a different phone it messes it up sometimes.

Bad experiences
I switch my SIM card between my iPhone and my RAZR all the time. I use the RAZR whenever I ride the motorcycle. I have never had a problem with my account when switching between the iPhone and RAZR...

iCreep

Bronze
Nov 14, 2007
I switch my sim out every once in a while and use my slivr because it way easier for me to drive and txt using the slivr seeing as I never need to look at the keypad because I have it memorized so I definatly will stay away from this if its given problems before.

iCreep.

phillyphill39

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007

Bad experiences

Your sim card and IMEI don't need to match. The only thing that needs to match is the sim card, sicne that is what your account says. The IMEI is just the seriel number for the device, you can change sim cards as many times as you want to different phones. That's why they use sim cards, for the ease of transferring it to different phones. Your account wont/shouldnt get messed up from changing the sim card. I change customers sim cards many of times and customers phones.

phillyphill39

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
both, they have another program on the installer that you can export all of your contacts to your phone from your sim card, but im not sure if its free or a pay service. hopefully its free.