ISkin Solo

dyzfnctional

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
anyone getting this one? looks interesting...and you could get a belt clip.

Last edited by a moderator:

reebs

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
just ordered it. i'll post pics when i get it. main reason i got it was the translucent back (blue and red only) and belt clip option. i'm trying to find a clip or case that would fit my current griffin wave case but can't find any.

dyzfnctional

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
i wonder if i were to buy the capsuleneo from switcheasy, it would fit in the revoclip for solo? hmmmm

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
just ordered it. i'll post pics when i get it. main reason i got it was the translucent back (blue and red only) and belt clip option. i'm trying to find a clip or case that would fit my current griffin wave case but can't find any.
The Marware CEO Premiere fits my Griffin Wave Case nicely. If you're willing to pay the price.

reebs

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Hey reebs, does it fit?
It's a tight fit but not any tighter than with the solo case which it is designed for! Maybe it will get looser with time. You can turn it so the phone's screen faces you instead of outwards. I like it better like this but it is at risk of falling out cause it is loose although I don't know how it would unless you stand on your head ;) Also iskin states it does not recommend this kind of installation with the solo. Hope that helps. I'm thinking I may return the solo and keep the clip. I ordered the blue one and it is not as translucent as it is in the pictures. I like to see I mean show off ;) the Apple logo in the back!

r1mania

Jul 19, 2008
Does anyone know if this case will work with the iPod dock or the Belkin FM transmitter? How much thickness does this actually add to the phone? Will I still be able to slide the phone in my armbad for the gym?

I am looking for a case that I can still do all of the above, so far...no luck! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

r1mania

Jul 19, 2008
I just received my case and the belt clip. Overall the case and clip are very nice. You get full function of the screen with out any hangups. The case is slim and gives the phone a good feel in your hand.

Now for the bad... For me it is not compatible with any iPhone accessory I have. I can not use it in my armband case for the gym, will not fit into my Belkin FM transmitter and it doesn't work with the iPhone dock (which I knew before hand). It is suppose to work with the universal dock though.

I think my iPhone will be naked for life with just a screen protector. Does anyone want to purchase the iSkin in white with a belt clip? If so, email me at r1mania@aol.com.

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
@r1mania:
Could you post some pictures of the phone with the case on?
Does this case stick in the pocket, or is it fairly easy to remove?
Does this case pick up lint easily?

Thanks.

thehotrod

Bronze
Jul 30, 2008
@r1mania:
Could you post some pictures of the phone with the case on?
Does this case stick in the pocket, or is it fairly easy to remove?
Does this case pick up lint easily?

Thanks.
Yes those are the questions I have too. Does it stick in your pocket? I'm looking for a thin case that is slick like the iPhone so I can easily pull it in and out of my pocket.

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Yes those are the questions I have too. Does it stick in your pocket? I'm looking for a thin case that is slick like the iPhone so I can easily pull it in and out of my pocket.
I actually ordered one the other day and when it comes in, I will post to let you know how the feel, etc. is of the case.

Squid7085

Sep 26, 2008
I also recently got this case, and so far I really like it. Previously I had the iSkin revo for my First Generation iPhone, while I liked the protection it offered, I hated the bulk and rubbery feel, which is why I did not get the revo2 for my iPhone 3G. However when I saw the Solo, I instantly bought one. I have purchased iSkin products for my iPhone and iPods since the first iPod in the early part of this century, so getting this was a no brainer.

As for how it feels, I loved how the naked iPhone felt in my hand (Wow, that sounded bad.) Either way, I liked the plastic, but the plastic did not like being exposed, eg, got scratched, so I thought this case would give the same feel without changing the phone too much. While it does feel a tad bit more rubbery, it is very slick compared to most silicon cases I have had in the past.I have had little problems with it sticking in my pocket, including tight jean pockets, it doesn't "slide" the way the iPhone does, but it also doesn't stick the way most cases do. It feels great in your hand and doesn't add a significant amount of bulk, however, it does add enough to make it not fit in most docks deigned for it, however a bare dock "No Insert" works perfectly. Holding it feels very much like holding the phone itself. I haven't used any other cases so I can't really "Compare" but this is the first case I have seen that attempts to copy the iPhones curves and feel. The only issue I have is that the holes don't seem to line up well with the ports and camera. I will try to post a picture later. I'm thinking about calling the company about it, but its more or an look thing than function thing.

Edit: Added Pictures. First Two are what I mean when I say the cutouts are not centered. The other two are the case, the last one shows how the case really seems to catch the original look of the iPhone.