isn't it odd no 112 on iTunes yet?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
lots of talk about this update, and clearly its available, BUT its not on iTunes. Anyone think this may be a work in progress? Seems like Apple would have set it up on iTunes if it was ready for prime time. don't know, just seems like this may be a premature download...

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Why? Are you on US store or Europe store

It give US user on the US iTunes Store nothing does it? Bug fixes and langauge support and minor changes to ringtones are all it seems to contain.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
lots of talk about this update, and clearly its available, BUT its not on iTunes. Anyone think this may be a work in progress? Seems like Apple would have set it up on iTunes if it was ready for prime time. don't know, just seems like this may be a premature download...
I don't know. I am waiting for the update to show up on iTunes. I am barely capable of that... lol. I am just not a computer genius.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Additionally, I don't want to give Engadget undue credit as a real bastion of journalistic integrity, but they seemed to have a credible source when the reported the two "biggies" - disk mode and voice memo. This feels more like an Apple attempt to gauge the ability of the average user to successfuly work outside iTunes. With an SDK coming in a few months, they probably need to know how intuitive and robust their os is to withstand the onslaught of non-programmars poking around.

Chris Hyde

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
Why does everyone care so much about disk management. You can already use it as a portable hard drive via TouchCopy.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
is touchcopy a mac only app? As far as why its a big deal? It is if you need it. Its not if you don't. Simple.

Of equal importance, does it require a hack? Im not really interested in hacking until im satified that the iPhone has been developed by Apple to the point where they stop. Then ill consider hacking in.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Hmmm. Just checked out the software. Looks promising. Still, file management through Apple might include the ability to use the iPod camera adapter - the main reason i want file management.