Issue jailbreaking 3G iPhone

FarCanal

May 16, 2008
I used the latest version of Pwnage for my 3G iPhone, all seemed well until I wanted to make a call to someone not in my contact list, I cannot manually dial using the keypad, infact I cant select recent calls or the history from the phone app. further testing also showed that if I made a call to someone in my contact list, once connected I cannot hang-up, as when the screen displays the green 'touch here to return to call' strip, it will not return to call, even pressing in the phone icon at bottom does not return me to the phone app, it just flashed and comes back to the main apps menu screen. The only way to end the call is to turn the phone off by holding the power and sliding the red bar across.. a little frustrating to say the least!

Is anyone else having similar issues?
Any Ideas..? otherwise I'll un-jailbreak...

Cheers.

J.

FarCanal

May 16, 2008
Update..

I've restored back to latest Apple firmware, and restored again from my iTunes backup so I'm no longer Jailbroken, and it's working fine, so there's obviously an issue with the latest Jailbreak release somewhere... can anyone shed some light on it?

J.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
It's quite common to have to jailbreak a few times to get it right. It seems like there's always an app - be it the phone, Mail, YouTube, etc - that doesn't seem to work.

FarCanal

May 16, 2008
I'll leave un broken for now, the only really JB app I used to use on my V1 iPhone was Swirly MMS and thats not out for 3G versions yet as far as I know...

:)

stephenx

Sep 19, 2008
Funny... I just had the same thing happen to me today. It was working fine up until today and my phone has been jailbroken for about a week now. Weird... anyone have any ideas on this?