Issue Restoring iPhone 3G

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I am having issues trying to restore my iPhone 3g which has been jailbroken before, which im selling soon. It is not jailbroken now.

I have tried different usb ports. I get error ( 6 ). It says iPhone is in recovery mode and must be restored. I've tried to restore several times and keep getting same error. Help me please!

I syncd my iPhone 3GS with iTunes, and am now trying to restore my iPhone 3G which obviously has no sim card in it.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Keep trying and do these steps in this order (remember to unplug the USB cord in between each attempt), reboot the computer, delete the 3.0 IPSW and then redownload it in iTunes, try a new USB cord (even if it's charging, it may cause errors), use a different computer, create a new user account, and finally delete iTunes and reinstall.

Here's where the file is located. Delete it and then redownload and restore.
On Windows:
Documents and Settings\<User>\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates
On Mac:
~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Where do I go to download firmwares? What I did last time to fix this error was restore using an earlier version.

EDIT : I Finally got iPhone 3g restored. After like 10 tries. Now, my next question is, I have no sim card in phone. So I cant use it period until I insert a sim card. Is this normal? Can I now sell iPhone 3g knowing none of my information is on it?