Issue Syncing Apps to iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MoneyMaker79, Jul 9, 2009.

1. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I have been jailbroken before a few times on my iPhone 3G. I restored the iPhone also and had many error messages. My problem today is, I cannot sync any applications from the iPhone to the iTunes on my PC.

2. BrownGem

BrownGem Zealot
    Gold

Did you try the transfer purchases from iPhone option listed under "File"?

3. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I finally synced my applications to iTunes. I just had to choose sync selected apps, even when none were there.

My next question is, any suggestions for a case and a screen protector for iPhone 3gs when i get it? On my 3g i have the incase 2 piece slider and invisible shield. I can keep the incase slider and use it for 3gs, but ill have to get a new invisible shield.

4. BrownGem

BrownGem Zealot
    Gold

Thanks for the update. Lots of good suggestions in the cases forum section. I personally use a Vaja case that has the screen covered.

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

It has the screen covered? Is it a front and back case that protects everything? Are the buttons useable? Can dust get anywhere on iPhone / screen?

6. BrownGem

BrownGem Zealot
    Gold

It has a front and back. You must flip the front down to acces t he home button. Side button have a cutout and easy access. It is a form fitted shell covered with leather with a strap to hold the front flat when lowered. The flap is a hard shell as well for shock protection. It covers well but is not a SEALED case. The back corner is a bit exposed for the camera and a smaller exposed area at the top left as well. I have dropped the phone twice on concrete...not a scratch. I never have a problem with dust and I do remove the case to clean it but it never has dust inside when I remove it.
    http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/ivolution-case-by-vaja.32488/
    Scroll down to DCOMs' post. This is the case I have. FYI, it is an expensive case.

#6 BrownGem, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
  7. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Ok. Thanks. Now I am having issues when syncing videos to iPhone. I want to get all of my windows media center recorded shows onto iPhone. I can get a few, but then iPhone is unable to be synced, like it times out. I changed the format of all the videos to iPhone format.

Any help?

8. BrownGem

BrownGem Zealot
    Gold

Are you connected to the USB port on the pc or a hub?

9. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

It seems to be working better now that I plugged into a USB behind my PC. Do you know of anything I can do to get free movies/tv shows etc on iPhone?

10. BrownGem

BrownGem Zealot
    Gold

You asking for where to get the content? or how to load it?

11. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I am asking where to get free videos and tv shows for iPhone.

Also, what is a good price to sell iPhone 3G? I have an offer for $260.

12. BrownGem

BrownGem Zealot
    Gold

Can't help you with vids and tv. I only load music. Maybe you could start a new thread for that question. If you jailbreak and unlock the 3G you could get more, around $350. Check Ebay and see how much they are going for unlocked. $260 seems a fair price for a phone locked to ATT but I would check Ebay for pricing on locked phones as well.

13. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

All I'm going to do is jailbreak the iPhone 3GS. I am selling my iPhone 3G for $250.

Should I go to Best Buy immediately after I get 3GS to get the invisible shield put on screen, so there wont be any dust?

Or does anybody have any suggestions for sweet awesome cases / shields? That I can get at best buy etc?

14. mr.conspiracist

mr.conspiracist New Member

sometimes you need to say authorize machine. it helped my app sync prob 50% of time.
    bestskinsever.com is also a good site theyre quality is good and only 10 bux with shipping. :eek:k:eek:k

15. BrownGem

BrownGem Zealot
    Gold

I personally don't use a screen shield. Never had one on my 3G either and there was no dust. I don't keep my phone in my pocket so I guess it is a personal choice and how you carry your phone around. My screen IS protected by my case.

16. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Ok. Well, I may go take 3gs to get invis shield put on. And either go buy another case, or keep the one I have.

17. kevinjordan0007

kevinjordan0007 New Member

iTunes sometimes is not as good as i except, if plus 91 PC suite with iTunes I think that better;)