Issue with 1.1.4 and Wallpaper

BigSpence

Aug 18, 2007
I updated and jb to 1.1.4 but whenever I try to change the wallpaper, it keeps defaulting back to the wallpaper I had with 1.1.3. Can someone please help?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Hey Spence, you look new so I'm gonna be as gentle as I can.

Have you tried the search button, or browsed the forum here a bit? You'll find that not only have users posted fixes to this problem, but we've actually got active threads just below yours on this very subject ;)

I'll save you some time, I've got a fix on my Installer Repo, just follow the link in my Signature for all the details. The fix you're after is called, FIX: IaD Wallpaper App.

BigSpence

Aug 18, 2007
Thanks for taking it easy on me....lol

BigSpence

Aug 18, 2007
I added your source Fight Club ( I actually had it there already) but the fix for the wallpaper is not there, I even did a manual refresh but still nothing.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I added your source Fight Club ( I actually had it there already) but the fix for the wallpaper is not there, I even did a manual refresh but still nothing.
I believe someone has added my Source to their "mass" listing, and I've since changed the location to what I've got now, http://dezign999.com/repo

Please make sure you're on that source, and once verified, browse the category called Fight Club. I have all my stuff there.

jjsquizz

Bronze
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles
I believe someone has added my Source to their "mass" listing, and I've since changed the location to what I've got now, http://dezign999.com/repo

Please make sure you're on that source, and once verified, browse the category called Fight Club. I have all my stuff there.

They have an update for wallpaper in installer. I am ecstatic. It actually works. Saves in wallpaper and camera roll.

BigSpence

Aug 18, 2007

I've done exactly what you suggested, I removed the existing Fight Club source and added the above source. I still don't see the wallpaper fix. The only fixes available are:

Fix:Frotz Saves
FIX:iShare 1.1.4

I appreciate your patience, I may just be missing something obvious. Thanks for helping.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I've done exactly what you suggested, I removed the existing Fight Club source and added the above source. I still don't see the wallpaper fix. The only fixes available are:

Fix:Frotz Saves
FIX:iShare 1.1.4

I appreciate your patience, I may just be missing something obvious. Thanks for helping.
Interesting, its showing up for me, but in any case I have read that Wallpaper app was recently updated and is now 1.1.4 compliant.

BigSpence

Aug 18, 2007
Interesting, its showing up for me, but in any case I have read that Wallpaper app was recently updated and is now 1.1.4 compliant.
My issue is not with Wallpaper app, it works fine with me. My issue is that even using the wallpapers that are installed on the iPhone, I cannot switch my current wallpaper, it goes through the same process.... I select a picture/wallpaper, choose to "set as wallpaper", but nothing happens. I'm stumped on this one and I've searched the forum and can't find any solution.

Once again thanks for helping.

BigSpence

Aug 18, 2007
x999x, this is what I did and it worked.

I installed iSwitcher, used it to change the theme. Once that was done, I changed the wallpaper and it worked.

Thanks again

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
x999x, this is what I did and it worked.

I installed iSwitcher, used it to change the theme. Once that was done, I changed the wallpaper and it worked.

Thanks again
I have a suspicion your LockBackground.png was possibly left without the correct permissions for the user "mobile" to do anything to it, as it's previous owner in 1.1.2 would have been "root".

I don't know if you restored your backup of your iTunes profile after updating your iPhone to 1.1.3, but this sort of "quirk" is common and its recommended to set up a "New" profile with iTunes after each major firmware upgrade and jailbreak process.

That said, I think iSwitcher removed the wallpaper for you because its already running under "root" and the LockBackground.png was still owned by that username.

This fix should work for anyone else experiencing this problem, however if you're a little more saavy with an FTP client or Terminal, you could just manually delete the file or change its permissions to 777 so that any app/owner can alter it.

You can find this image in:

/var/mobile/Library/LockBackground.png