Issue with my ringer, help!

In2Deep

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
My ringer isn't working at all. The phone vibrates when there is an incoming call, it plays music just fine. I can hear the various ringers when I play with them in the settings->sounds.

Vibrate is On for Silent
Vibrate is On for Ring
Sound is all the way to the right
Have a ring tone set as the old phone
Everything else on the On position

I don't even get the keyboard clicks any more!

What the hell!?

The phone hung up once while checking an email, had to reset it. Could that be it?

daviddogma

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
My ringer isn't working at all. The phone vibrates when there is an incoming call, it plays music just fine. I can hear the various ringers when I play with them in the settings->sounds.

Vibrate is On for Silent
Vibrate is On for Ring
Sound is all the way to the right
Have a ring tone set as the old phone
Everything else on the On position

I don't even get the keyboard clicks any more!

What the hell!?

The phone hung up once while checking an email, had to reset it. Could that be it?
Did you take the plastic off the screen? Just kidding about that...had to say it one last time ;-) I assume you have reset the machine a couple of times and still no sound? Does music play? Did you put the headphones on and then take them out?

In2Deep

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Yes LOL, plastic was the first thing to come off.

Music plays through the speaker with no problem.

I can hear the ring tones when testing/selecting them through the settings menu

I did indeed try out the headphones one time. Did that iRape me?

daviddogma

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Yes LOL, plastic was the first thing to come off.

Music plays through the speaker with no problem.

I can hear the ring tones when testing/selecting them through the settings menu

I did indeed try out the headphones one time. Did that iRape me?

Surely not. You could always do a restore of the software via iTunes....

In2Deep

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
OK just tried to restore it through iTunes and nothing... same issue.

Any other suggestions?

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
turn silent off! on the left side of the phone the first switch that has an orange dot in it switch it so it turns off silent mode lol

In2Deep

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
LOL thanks for helping a nOOb out! :eek:

That did it. :laugh2:

J-Sauce

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007

Was that seriously it?

Haha I thought about it, but thought NAH! He's not that lame.

haha jk...glad you figured it out though.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007

haha no problem too bad i couldnt help you out before you went through the trouble of restoring and putting all your music back on.

In2Deep

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I've been letting so many people molest it that someone clearly clicked that little button I truthfully didn't even know was there.

Since I could hear the music and the ringtones it didn't even occur to me that it could be it.

My treo shuts up completely when I hit the mute slider on it so this one threw me off...

yeah yeah I feel like an idiot... even my girl got a kick out it. Time to go get a sympathy BJ :laugh2:

Oh and thanks a lot people for coming to the rescue before I made a fool of myself at the Apple store ;)

J-Sauce

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I've been letting so many people molest it that someone clearly clicked that little button I truthfully didn't even know was there.

Since I could hear the music and the ringtones it didn't even occur to me that it could be it.

My treo shuts up completely when I hit the mute slider on it so this one threw me off...

yeah yeah I feel like an idiot... even my girl got a kick out it. Time to go get a sympathy BJ :laugh2:

Oh and thanks a lot people for coming to the rescue before I made a fool of myself at the Apple store ;)
Yeah I have to say that I was a little disappointed that the iPhone's Silencer button did not work the same as the treo's.

PS: Sympathy BJ's are the best!