Issue with new Customize Update

kbhark

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Just downloaded the new customize update and I'm having problems changing the carrier logo. I select a new logo to change it to but after the phone kicks back to the slide to unlock screen the logo is the same. I had the same problems when using the beta addons before the update. I uninstalled the beta addons before updating just like it said. Anyone else having the same problem or know how to resolve the issue? I've tried rebooting and reseting and it doesn't seem to fix the problem. Thanks in advance!

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I was just going to say, rebooting would be your answer.
Mine seems to operate fine. I do notice that after adding several apps at one time it is better to exit and then reboot and then go back to Customize and add just a couple more at a time or it seems to hang up on me.maybe you should uninstall the whole program and then installnit again. How long ago did you jailbreak and how many apps have you put on the phone and taken back off? Maybe its time to think about a complete reformat of the firmware and a fresh jailbreak....?

kbhark

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I was just going to say, rebooting would be your answer.
Mine seems to operate fine. I do notice that after adding several apps at one time it is better to exit and then reboot and then go back to Customize and add just a couple more at a time or it seems to hang up on me.maybe you should uninstall the whole program and then installnit again. How long ago did you jailbreak and how many apps have you put on the phone and taken back off? Maybe its time to think about a complete reformat of the firmware and a fresh jailbreak....?
Thanks for the info. I just recently jailbroke my phone after restoring it about a week ago. I don't have that many apps, just a few along with some themes for SMB and Customize. I've tried uninstalling, re-installing, deleting the app through SSH, but nothing seems to work. I really don't want to do another restore because it's a big hassle to get all my customizations back on. I wish there was some way to fix this bug.

The previous version of customize worked fine, so how do I go about installing that version through SSH? I went to the website and downloaded it to my computer, but how do I get the app the run on my phone? Thanks!

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Thanks for the info. I just recently jailbroke my phone after restoring it about a week ago. I don't have that many apps, just a few along with some themes for SMB and Customize. I've tried uninstalling, re-installing, deleting the app through SSH, but nothing seems to work. I really don't want to do another restore because it's a big hassle to get all my customizations back on. I wish there was some way to fix this bug.

The previous version of customize worked fine, so how do I go about installing that version through SSH? I went to the website and downloaded it to my computer, but how do I get the app the run on my phone? Thanks!
OJ is not talking about restore, he says to power down the phone (reboot) turn it off. Then turn back on the Apple logo comes on and powers up, it allows the phone to clear its own problems, just like your computer.

Also are you jailbroken at 1.1.1 or did you then go to 1.1.2?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
One more tip. If you've used Erica Sadun's Make It Mine, it locks the carrier logo in place. If you have, go back and re-install it and press 'Revert' in the application. You could try this even if you haven't used MiM before.

- John

kbhark

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Ok I did a full restore and re-jailbroke and still doesn't fix the issue. I wish I could just get the previous version back. Anybody know how to do it? I tried Erica's MiM, I really want a icon for the carrier logo and not just text.