Issues with heart rate monitor after updating to Watch OS 1.0.1

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Oh yes. I've changed nothing other than the firmware. Reddit users are having issues as well. During my ride this morning, it took about 10 minutes before it started to read accurately.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
yes, it's still not functioning as it should. I know 2 other friends personally who own the watch and they've had the same issue. I came back to iOS with the 6+ to avoid this situation. It seems Apple's QC is going downhill.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I'm also suffering from the heart rate bug. I have holes in my data of up to three hours. My daily active calories burned is also way down since Tuesday's update.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Again, three-hour holes in data (as reported by one person in this thread) sounds like a bug to me, not a feature. Is Apple expecting people to switch the watch to exercise mode every time they stand up? Taking ten minutes to start reading the data accurately (as reported by another person in this thread) while exercising also sounds like a bug.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
It still feels like something is off even though Apple is saying this is they way it's supposed to be. It doesn't make sense to measure heart rate only when motionless. Isn't the point for the every ten minute measure to keep a record and to give us some excercise/movement credit when we might not be using the excercise app? And I still have huge wholes in my data. The watch only comes off my wrist to sleep at night.

Attachments