Issues with iMessages

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

armywife

May 15, 2012
Ok so now I have all of our devices on the same everything, they are all working great now however the imessages are not going to the right person...I will send an imessage from my iPhone to my husbands iPhone but he doesn't get it all...instead it will go to my ipad and my daughters ipod....what the heck is going on, does anyone know or can anyone help me? I am lost and my head hurts now!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
On your husband's phone, go to Settings > Messages > Receive At and make sure only his phone number is listed. Do the same thing on each iPod/iPad, but make sure a different email address is listed for each device. Use that email to text that person. If the same email address is listed on each device, iMessages sent to that email will go to all of them.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Do you mean there is nothing listed under Receive At or Receive At is not an option when you select Messages from the Settings app on his phone?

armywife

May 15, 2012
ok the iPhones do not have that option...the pad and pod do...however when I have went to put another email address in there it is telling me they can not verify them because they are already in use.....the emails are not in use with any other device. We had to reset all of our devices and are all now on the same cloud and Apple id...our old emails are not being used with any of our devices now and the are all the same. So I get that we have to change them but am lost now as to why it is telling me they are in use when they are not. Thanks for any help!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The phones have that option as well, but only if they are running 5.x.

As far as the iPods/iPads go, the email addresses might be associated with an old Apple ID or not verified with your new one. You can manage your accounts and add/remove email addresses here. It should work once they are verified.