Issues with iTunes Today

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Michael Baturin, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

Just wanted to see if anyone else is getting errors when trying to use iTunes to use iTunes Match or connect to the store? I keep getting, iTunes cannot connect to the Store at this time.

2. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

I haven't been able to update apps for about the past couple of hours.

3. Adriano73

Adriano73 Contributor
    Bronze

Yep. It's broken. Worldwide too. I understand iTunes Store and iBooks store are all affected!

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Multiple Apple programs like iTunes and App Store are out of service for many. It is known.

"March 11 (Reuters) - Access to some Apple Inc services, including the App Store, iTunes Store, Mac App Store and iBooks Store, remained off line after more than eight hours on Wednesday.

Apple said an internal Domain Name System (DNS) error was the cause for the disruptions, according to CNBC.

"We're working to make all of the services available to customers as soon as possible, and we thank everyone for their patience," CNBC quoted the company as saying."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/apple-says-itunes-app-stores-165659360.html?.tsrc=applewf

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Can't update Google+, so I'll just delete it. I only downloaded it to set my location on the Google page in Safari. It was wrong.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You don't need Google+ to change that. To change the location from within Safari, just click the update button next to the incorrect city and then select "allow access" if it asks for permission to check your location.

7. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

It is known. ;)

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I saw that as well, but refrained, Khaleesi.

it-is-known.jpg

9. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I didn't see that. It's doing it again. It shows Huntsville.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426208640.119669.jpg

So I tap "Use Precise Location" and this:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426208738.085831.jpg

I ok it and get this:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426208770.689407.jpg

The location is correct, but it won't stay on it. It has a blue dot. I tap "update" and get this:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426208860.182785.jpg

So it all leads to Google+ where I set the location. And that worked. Florence had a gray dot. But I turned Google+ to never in location services. It was on always. So that knocked it off again. Now I can't get it back. Not yet.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426209061.898621.jpg
    What now?

#9 Ledsteplin, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  10. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

So it looks correct now. But I have to leave Google+ on always in location services? Why? There is no "While using app" for Google+. I don't even want Google+. So now the location icon in my status bar stays on non stop.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426209451.221562.jpg

My Wife's phone is also doing this way. We are also having IP Address issues. See my thread on that.

#10 Ledsteplin, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Turn your router off for a couple minutes, reset the network settings on your phones and delete Google+. Be sure to click "allow access" when Google asks after you click "update location."

12. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Ok. I'll need to wait. Rhonda has gone by ambulance to the ER. Breathing problems.

13. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Alright. Good luck. I hope she's okay.

14. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

She'll be ok. Breathing treatments and sitting up more in bed. Ok, location! I did what you suggested. I never saw the "update location" option. It said "update" out beside the location name, but it was unresponsive to touch. So I reboot the modem, Reset Network Settings in both phones, and delete Google+. So now mine shows as it was in my last image. Like fhis:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426247151.858493.jpg
    I Don't know that is correct. The city is correct. But the wording that goes with it may not be. When it was set on Huntsville. It said "from your Internet address". Or something to that effect. This says, "reported by your phone". This tells me our Internet address is wrong. And I'm not sure what "Internet address" it refers to. At any rate, both our locations had to be done in Google+. Mine had been done before doing your suggestion. Afterwards, my Wife's still showed Huntsville, so I downloaded Google+ back. Went in the app and set the location option. Then went to location services and set it to always. Then deleted the app. Now hers shows as mine does in the image above. If it's still not right, I have no clue how to change it. When it says, "From your Internet address", does that refer to our IP Address? If so, then that's the problem. Our IP Address is messed up. But I don't know how Huntsville gets on as our location. On wifi, our IP Address is in New Mexico. On Cellular, it shows down by Birmingham, AL. Maybe that's why the Google location issues. For now, both phones show as in the image above. It doesn't say, "from your Internet address". If it stays on Florence, I suppose it'll be ok for now. I need to have another talk with Comcast. Update: So this may be where Huntsville comes into the picture. They have an office here, but the main location is in Huntsville. This comes from my IP Address info.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426253010.531008.jpg

#14 Ledsteplin, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2015
  15. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Update on the IP Address and Google location issues.
    I got in a convo with @comcastcares on Twitter. They were very nice and helpful. After showing screenshots of all the New Mexico stuff I was getting, they sent me a new wifi modem to try. It came with all the extras they don't usually give you, like a nice ethernet cable and other stuff. Anyway, it did not work for the IP Address. I'm still in New Mexico. But the Google location in Safari is now correct.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428003662.880116.jpg

I guess my IP Address will remain in New Mexico. I'll get sponsored ads like this even though I'm in Alabama.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428003744.908080.jpg
    And search results like this:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428003813.208192.jpg
    Oh well. It could be worse.

#15 Ledsteplin, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2015
  16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I changed your pictures to thumbnails. Shrinking your screenshots a little before posting them or just posting as thumbnails makes it a lot easier to read on desktops. They are massive and require a lot scrolling due to their size.

17. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

OK. They look the same on TapaTalk. I'll try the smaller resolution size next time.

18. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

I'm getting this NOW. Went to Apple's website, checked iTunes status, says all is well, can't connect via iphone or itunes on PC.