Issues with iTunes Today

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Just wanted to see if anyone else is getting errors when trying to use iTunes to use iTunes Match or connect to the store? I keep getting, iTunes cannot connect to the Store at this time.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Multiple Apple programs like iTunes and App Store are out of service for many. It is known.

"March 11 (Reuters) - Access to some Apple Inc services, including the App Store, iTunes Store, Mac App Store and iBooks Store, remained off line after more than eight hours on Wednesday.

Apple said an internal Domain Name System (DNS) error was the cause for the disruptions, according to CNBC.

"We're working to make all of the services available to customers as soon as possible, and we thank everyone for their patience," CNBC quoted the company as saying."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/apple-says-itunes-app-stores-165659360.html?.tsrc=applewf

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Can't update Google+, so I'll just delete it. I only downloaded it to set my location on the Google page in Safari. It was wrong.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Can't update Google+, so I'll just delete it. I only downloaded it to set my location on the Google page in Safari. It was wrong.
You don't need Google+ to change that. To change the location from within Safari, just click the update button next to the incorrect city and then select "allow access" if it asks for permission to check your location.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
You don't need Google+ to change that. To change the location from within Safari, just click the update button next to the incorrect city and then select "allow access" if it asks for permission to check your location.
I didn't see that. It's doing it again. It shows Huntsville.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426208640.119669.jpg

So I tap "Use Precise Location" and this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426208738.085831.jpg

I ok it and get this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426208770.689407.jpg

The location is correct, but it won't stay on it. It has a blue dot. I tap "update" and get this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426208860.182785.jpg

So it all leads to Google+ where I set the location. And that worked. Florence had a gray dot. But I turned Google+ to never in location services. It was on always. So that knocked it off again. Now I can't get it back. Not yet.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426209061.898621.jpg
What now?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
So it looks correct now. But I have to leave Google+ on always in location services? Why? There is no "While using app" for Google+. I don't even want Google+. So now the location icon in my status bar stays on non stop.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426209451.221562.jpg

My Wife's phone is also doing this way. We are also having IP Address issues. See my thread on that.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
So it looks correct now. But I have to leave Google+ on always in location services? Why? There is no "While using app" for Google+. I don't even want Google+. So now the location icon in my status bar stays on non stop.
View attachment 40999

My Wife's phone is also doing this way. We are also having IP Address issues. See my thread on that.
Turn your router off for a couple minutes, reset the network settings on your phones and delete Google+. Be sure to click "allow access" when Google asks after you click "update location."

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Turn your router off for a couple minutes, reset the network settings on your phones and delete Google+. Be sure to click "allow access" when Google asks after you click "update location."
Ok. I'll need to wait. Rhonda has gone by ambulance to the ER. Breathing problems.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Alright. Good luck. I hope she's okay.
She'll be ok. Breathing treatments and sitting up more in bed. Ok, location! I did what you suggested. I never saw the "update location" option. It said "update" out beside the location name, but it was unresponsive to touch. So I reboot the modem, Reset Network Settings in both phones, and delete Google+. So now mine shows as it was in my last image. Like fhis:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426247151.858493.jpg
I Don't know that is correct. The city is correct. But the wording that goes with it may not be. When it was set on Huntsville. It said "from your Internet address". Or something to that effect. This says, "reported by your phone". This tells me our Internet address is wrong. And I'm not sure what "Internet address" it refers to. At any rate, both our locations had to be done in Google+. Mine had been done before doing your suggestion. Afterwards, my Wife's still showed Huntsville, so I downloaded Google+ back. Went in the app and set the location option. Then went to location services and set it to always. Then deleted the app. Now hers shows as mine does in the image above. If it's still not right, I have no clue how to change it. When it says, "From your Internet address", does that refer to our IP Address? If so, then that's the problem. Our IP Address is messed up. But I don't know how Huntsville gets on as our location. On wifi, our IP Address is in New Mexico. On Cellular, it shows down by Birmingham, AL. Maybe that's why the Google location issues. For now, both phones show as in the image above. It doesn't say, "from your Internet address". If it stays on Florence, I suppose it'll be ok for now. I need to have another talk with Comcast. Update: So this may be where Huntsville comes into the picture. They have an office here, but the main location is in Huntsville. This comes from my IP Address info.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426253010.531008.jpg

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Update on the IP Address and Google location issues.
I got in a convo with @comcastcares on Twitter. They were very nice and helpful. After showing screenshots of all the New Mexico stuff I was getting, they sent me a new wifi modem to try. It came with all the extras they don't usually give you, like a nice ethernet cable and other stuff. Anyway, it did not work for the IP Address. I'm still in New Mexico. But the Google location in Safari is now correct.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428003662.880116.jpg

I guess my IP Address will remain in New Mexico. I'll get sponsored ads like this even though I'm in Alabama.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428003744.908080.jpg
And search results like this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428003813.208192.jpg
Oh well. It could be worse.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Update on the IP Address and Google location issues.
I got in a convo with @comcastcares on Twitter. They were very nice and helpful. After showing screenshots of all the New Mexico stuff I was getting, they sent me a new wifi modem to try. It came with all the extras they don't usually give you, like a nice ethernet cable and other stuff. Anyway, it did not work for the IP Address. I'm still in New Mexico. But the Google location in Safari is now correct.
View attachment 41155

I guess my IP Address will remain in New Mexico. I'll get sponsored ads like this even though I'm in Alabama.
View attachment 41156
And search results like this:
View attachment 41157
Oh well. It could be worse.

I changed your pictures to thumbnails. Shrinking your screenshots a little before posting them or just posting as thumbnails makes it a lot easier to read on desktops. They are massive and require a lot scrolling due to their size.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I changed your pictures to thumbnails. Shrinking your screenshots a little before posting them or just posting as thumbnails makes it a lot easier to read on desktops. They are massive and require a lot scrolling due to their size.
OK. They look the same on TapaTalk. I'll try the smaller resolution size next time.