Issues with text messages

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jrboehme, Feb 8, 2012.

1. jrboehme

jrboehme New Member

Hello everyone, I am a newbie here to the forum! :)

I have had some issues with text messaging the last month or so. I have an iPhone 4 through AT&T.

Sometimes when I send a text it takes a long time to send then fails and I have to send it again and it goes through. At times I have to reboot my phone for the message to send. I am also receiving text messages from family / friends in multiples. It doesn't happen every time I send a text however it does happen daily. I spoke to AT&T and they stated it could be a damaged SIM card but I have friends that are having the same issue with their iPhones so I am not sure that is the problem.

Has anyone else had this issue or know of a fix? I have done a backup and restore which didn't help.

Thank you!

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

How is your reception? Is one an iMessage and one a text message? That (duplicates) often happens when you are in an area with poor signal strength.

3. jrboehme

jrboehme New Member

I actually have 4 bars of service when this is happening. iMessage goes through fine its the text messages that I have a problem with.

4. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

I have had the same issue with AT&T on both my iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s. Not always but enough to be a pain.