Issues with using the paste function in the new version of the eiC app

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
This morning I noticed that I cannot paste what I have on the clipboard into a post when using the recently released version of the eiC app. Has this happened to anyone else?

I verified that the content is indeed in the clipboard by pasting it into the Notes app. However, I can't seem to paste the content while composing a post in the eiC app. Here is the sequence of events in detail:
  1. I found content I wanted to share on the thread entitled "iOS 7 bugs"
  2. I copied the content to the clipboard
  3. I searched for the thread in question
  4. I found the thread and was viewing it successfuly
  5. I tapped on the ellipsis icon on the upper right-hand corner of the screen
  6. I tapped on "Reply"
  7. I started composing the post
  8. I single-tapped on the screen to bring up the standard "Select | Select All | Paste"
  9. Nothing happpened
  10. I tried multiple times
  11. Nothing happened
  12. I launched the Notes app and attempted to paste what I had in the clipboard; it worked perfectly

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
This morning I noticed that I cannot paste what I have on the clipboard into a post when using the recently released version of the eiC app. Has this happened to anyone else?

I verified that the content is indeed in the clipboard by pasting it into the Notes app. However, I can't seem to paste the content while composing a post in the eiC app. Here is the sequence of events in detail:
  1. I found content I wanted to share on the thread entitled "iOS 7 bugs"
  2. I copied the content to the clipboard
  3. I searched for the thread in question
  4. I found the thread and was viewing it successfuly
  5. I tapped on the ellipsis icon on the upper right-hand corner of the screen
  6. I tapped on "Reply"
  7. I started composing the post
  8. I single-tapped on the screen to bring up the standard "Select | Select All | Paste"
  9. Nothing happpened
  10. I tried multiple times
  11. Nothing happened
  12. I launched the Notes app and attempted to paste what I had in the clipboard; it worked perfectly
No pasting issues here with the app.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I experienced the phenomenon this morning trying to paste a link into a new post. I finally got it to work somehow. I just tried it again and still couldn't get the select/paste to appear. Works fine when trying to edit an existing post though.

Last edited:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
phenomenon = bug

It's funny, I do not experience any of these bugs...oh wait, I'm using the mobile template. Carry on. :D

Last edited:

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
No pasting issues here either. I think @Rafagon just wants everyone to click paste to see what's in their clipboards. LOL

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Seriously folks, I've been able to repeat this bug a few times this morning. Hmmm, there's no "dead serious" emoji.