Issues with volume button camera control

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by crystus, Nov 9, 2011.

1. crystus

crystus Member
    Bronze

Has anyone been able to identify a cydia package that may interfere with that ability? My iPhone 4 on iOS 5 jailbroken for some reason does not take a picture when I use the volume up button but rather something is causing it to register the volume changing. It works when I have no packages installed and on my wife's non-jailbroken phone. Just not on mine. I have been through most of the packages but can't find the interaction.

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Could activator be causing an issue?

3. crystus

crystus Member
    Bronze

I may have to try and uninstall that one, only one i haven't tried yet.

4. crystus

crystus Member
    Bronze

It was Activator that is the problem. I am going to have to see if i can check the strings for a setting to change or just send Ryan petrich an email about it.

5. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

That or can you use activator to set the volume button(s) to work the camera? Or is it set that way and causing the issue?

6. Zac-Harney

Zac-Harney New Member

Has anyone figured this out yet? Just sent Ryan an email, but really need this fixed and can't uninstall activator because I need it for SBSettings. And RoofMonkey, there are not options in activator to release the shutter in camera.app, and the cydia app I had on iOS 4.3 isn't compatible with iOS 5.