It all started with iTunes

AquaHump

Jul 30, 2007
DE
About 3 years ago I needed a way to back up my Grateful Dead collection, which is quite large if I do say so my self. I went looking for program to use and found iTunes. "Wow, what a cool program" I thought to my self.
Well, after I got every thing backed up I wanted to store it off my computer. I thought about an external hard drive, but I also wanted to stop using CD's in my truck. You guessed it; I wanted to buy an MP3 player. Since I had iTunes I looked at an iPod. I fell in love with the iPod video, so I bought one and backed up my library and was able to move it to and from my truck.
Once again thrilled with what I had done then the iPhone was coming out, I did not need this but man I wanted it. With out going into my self justifications I went out and bought a 4 GB iPhone and it has become more and more useful as it becomes integrated into my daily life.
I am so happy with my Apple purchases that my next post on this forum will most likely be from my new iMac that I am going out to buy today. In closing the marketing worked and the products have proven them self’s over and over. Now my home is an Apple home and I plan on buying a Mac Book Pro after the New Year. The gaming rig that I built 6 years ago is about to become the kids computer. As I move to a new OS and a new way of computing.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Welcome to the Mac. But isn't cruel to force your kids to use a PC?

AquaHump

Jul 30, 2007
DE
yes, Now how hard will it be to tranfer every thing over to my mac. Will I lose my music or my iPhone stuff?

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
yes, Now how hard will it be to tranfer every thing over to my mac. Will I lose my music or my iPhone stuff?
Syncing your phone with a new computer will replace your music, movies, etc with the new iTunes' contents, even if it's empty. However you can sync your contacts, calendar and mail accounts.

Are you talking about transferring stuff from your PC to your Mac or just your iPhone to your Mac? In the latter case, you can get "Tansee transfer software" for the PC (as any PC software, not free). It will allow you to get the stuff from the iPhone to your PC where you can put it on a CD/DVD and transfer it to the Mac.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I would be depressed if I had to use a PC while watching my father use a Mac.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I would be depressed if I had to use a PC while watching my father use a Mac.
I would never let my kids suffer through such an ordeal. We all have Macs, old and new.

2 laptops are missing from the picture. They were busy at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
The gaming rig that I built 6 years ago is about to become the kids computer. As I move to a new OS and a new way of computing.
No no no! The best computer for kids IS a Mac... don't have to worry about them getting it infected with every spyware and virus under the sun! ;) Seriously though, it's the route I went with my daughter... a Mac Mini is a perfect fit for the kiddies.

For me it started in 1999 when I bought my first Mac... a blue & white G3 (which still works like a champ BTW). I just wanted to learn more about Mac in general. As the years have passed I bought more and more of them, and just recently replaced my last working Windows desktop with a killer Mac Pro. My Windows machine sits near me in pieces while I decide what to do with it.

I have but one lowly Windows laptop left, and it barely gets used. Hubby is using my MacBook more and more, so I might just have to get myself a MacBook Pro ;)

See my signature... LOL

AquaHump

Jul 30, 2007
DE
Well, as much as I would like to get them all Imacs they will have to work there way threw the mess like I did. The new Mac is great. The more I work with it the better I like it. I am having trouble getting an old laptop on the network the PC keeps asking for a Key and I can not figure out what it wants. I have tryed evey number in the Airport