It balms my hide.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Was thinking today, before the long weekend, of things that really give me satisfaction. Make my blood pressure instantly fall, even if just a little bit. So let's hear em. What balms your hide?

It balms my hide when you get down to the bottom of a cereal box, and the amount of cereal left is exactly enough for one bowl.

It also balms my hide when I see drivers in oncoming traffic having intensely animated conversations, complete with gesticulations and weird facial expressions.

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Speaking of driving, it balms my hide when I let someone pass or overtake me and they gesture thank you with their hands.

It also balms my hide when I get good grades in exams I thought I was going to fail.

CanadianNemo

Genius
Gold
Aug 31, 2010
On that note, it balms my hide when people hold the door for the person behind them for an extra second. It also balms my hide when I see people get out of their bus seats for - or rush over to help - elderly or disabled people, pregant women or new moms.

Reactions: patrickj

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
It balms my hide when I hold the door for the old lady at the bank and she tells me " thank you young man"

( but then she goes in front of me and takes my spot and now I have to wait 20 for a lame deposit )

CanadianNemo

Genius
Gold
Aug 31, 2010
It balms my hide when my clients tell me they passed out my card to their co-workers and told them "I have the BEST lawyer ever, you need to go see her!" :D

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
It balms my hide when my 8 year old daughter likes the same songs that I do. I think that stuff about playing lots of your music to the bump in Mom's tummy works out. She likes Texas, Macy Gray, Counting Crows, Train, and tons of stuff that we like.

Chex

Dec 17, 2008
PA
Thinking of my family...

Reading tech or a good book....

When a new package arrives with hardware.

Playing Video Games

Listening to old songs from when I was a kid.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
When I get an email from my employer saying that the Christmas bonuses were approved.

RedWritingHood

Bronze
Jan 22, 2011
MO
When i roll down an extra serving of paper towels in a public restroom for the person after me, then i see them doing the same.