It balms my hide.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
The first time I see an actor I thought was American (sometimes for years) speaking with his native accent and I learn where he or she is from… this balms my hide and is always a pleasant surprise.

I just learned that Damian Lewis and Rupert Friend from Homeland (who play Brody and Quinn, respectively) are both English.

England_Hand_Flag.jpg

Last edited:

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
The first time I see an actor I thought was American (sometimes for years) speaking with his native accent and I learn where he or she is from… this balms my hide and is always a pleasant surprise.

I just learned that Damian Lewis and Rupert Friend from Homeland (who play Brody and Quinn, respectively) are both English.

View attachment 43504
Is that a flag in your post? I can't tell.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
It balms my hide that if I'm texting someone in Spanish, the keyboard (and autocorrect) stays set to Spanish when I got back to the thread, but stays set in English for all threads that were started in English.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
It balms my hide when they're wheeling a patient into the ER and there's a doctor or paramedic on top of the patient performing compressions. That looks really awesome—sexy, almost. I hear it actually works in real life, too.
On TV maybe... But I can guarantee a 99.999% chance that the person doing CPR is not a doctor ;)
And yes it does work. Done it many times myself (sadly)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
On TV maybe... But I can guarantee a 99.999% chance that the person doing CPR is not a doctor ;)
And yes it does work. Done it many times myself (sadly)
Agreed. I've also had to do it many times (during codes in the hospital) and I've seen seen a couple people jump up on beds before a step stool is brought in, but I've never seen a doctor do CPR. Once a doctor arrives, they stand back and run the code.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
It balms my hide whenever I call a company and the damn woman starts reading out the menu (“Press 1 for blah blah, Press 2 for blah blah…”) (which is oftentimes followed by a secondary menu and even a tertiary menu) and I start pressing 0#0#0#0#0# and the woman shuts the heck up and says, “Okay, I’ll transfer you to a representative.”—usually with fear in her voice due to my obvious asperity when I was pressing 0#0#0#0#0#.

I cackle with insane glee when that happens.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
It balms my hide whenever I call a company and the damn woman starts reading out the menu (“Press 1 for blah blah, Press 2 for blah blah…”) (which is oftentimes followed by a secondary menu and even a tertiary menu) and I start pressing 0#0#0#0#0# and the woman shuts the heck up and says, “Okay, I’ll transfer you to a representative.”—usually with fear in her voice due to my obvious asperity when I was pressing 0#0#0#0#0#.

I cackle with insane glee when that happens.
A recording can have fear in its voice? LMAO

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Good customer service always Balms My Hide. For example, an AT&T representative will seemingly never close a chat window; they will wait for you to do it:

xm.png

Yes, I totally made a fool of myself by assuming I was speaking to a dude instead of a chick. Laugh it up.