It chaps my hide.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I got so angry… I almost just got in a wreck. I’ll go ahead and copy and paste what I just Tweeted (but I’ve cleaned up the language a bit):

Aren’t bicycle riders supposed to ride WITH traffic, not AGAINST it? I was crossing a busy street (on foot) and logically, I’m looking in the direction of oncoming traffic. I was not looking in the other direction because—also logically—no vehicle should be coming AGAINST traffic. But this fraking dumb idiot was going against traffic on his bicycle, I did not see him, and as I began to cross the busy street, he ALMOST hit me. Had he hit me, we probably would both have ended up on the street and likely gotten hit by cars if we didn’t stand up and get out of the way fast enough.

Conclusion… bicycle riders riding against traffic chap my hide!
How did you tweet all of that? LOL

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
It’s really annoying when one has made several contributions to a thread in hopes of making it a quality one and someone comes along and pisses all over it.

Thankfully, one of the mods seems to have grabbed CalvinQuincy and thrown him feet first into a wood chipper. Or at least, that’s what I like to imagine happened. :D

Roof - 1.png

Raf - 2.png

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
It’s really annoying when one has made several contributions to a thread in hopes of making it a quality one and someone comes along and pisses all over it.

Thankfully, one of the mods seems to have grabbed CalvinQuincy and thrown him feet first into a wood chipper. Or at least, that’s what I like to imagine happened. :D

View attachment 44084
View attachment 44085
So you chap was balmed? Hahahaa

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD

View attachment 44084
View attachment 44085
He was a sleeper spammer. It's not like this doesn't ever happen, though.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
It Chaps My Hide when people use the adjective “day-to-day” and then leave out the noun. Sure, it’s implied, and everyone knows what is meant, but it still Chaps My Hide.

Chaps My Hide: You should talk to Svetlana; she’s more familiar with the day-to-day.
Doesn’t Chap My Hide: You should talk to Svetlana; she more familiar with the day-to-day operations.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Unnecessary capitalization chaps my hide. I feel as if I'm reading Facebook or /r/GrammarNazi :D
Aww, man, that’s a low blow. :) I’m only capitalizing it because it’s the title of the thread. I thought it would be neat to capitalize the phrase every time it is used within this thread—grammatically unnecessary, yes, but neat nonetheless.

Aww, man, that’s a low blow. :) I’m only capitalizing it because it’s the title of the thread. I thought it would be neat to capitalize the phrase every time it is used within this thread—grammatically unnecessary, yes, but neat nonetheless.
Wow, that's so cool how you capitalized the first letter of EVERY WORD from the thread title! :cool:

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Wow, that's so cool how you capitalized the first letter of EVERY WORD from the thread title! :cool:
Get ready, ‘cause I’m about to do it again! :D

It Chaps My Hide when people are paging through a multi-page document (or counting money) and they moisten their finger on their tongue to get traction (I don’t know if that’s the right word?) in order to more easily separate one sheet from the next.

Well, I don’t care if they’re doing it and they’re going to be the only ones handling the paper(s), but don’t do it and then give the saliva-moistened paper(s) to me.

I don’t want your filthy germs (unless you’re sexy and we’re making out).

Last edited:

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
What really chaps my hide, beyond all belief, are the few fargin iceholes riding crotch rockets weaving in and around expressway traffic at speeds 20 and 30 miles per hour or more over the limit, some of them while doing wheelies. These numbskulls are giving the rest of us bikers a bad name. Don't these mental midgets realize that it only takes a dime sized rock to knock them down onto the pavement where I would be the unlucky stiff who gets to run them over and kill them with my car??? I really do not want to have that memory floating around my mind even though I know there was no way I could have prevented their own stupidity from making me kill them. #&$%!? inconsiderate morons!!

Reactions: RoofMonkey

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
be the unlucky stiff who gets to run them over and kill them with my car??? I really do not want to have that memory floating around my mind even though I know there was no way I could have prevented their own stupidity from making me kill them.
You wouldn’t be the unlucky stiff—they would. :D

Last edited:

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
It really Chaps My Hide when you click on a link and the browser takes you to a certain page, and then you click on the Back button but the page you visited refuses to let you go back. It just keeps reloading itself when you click on Back.

Sometimes you can get out of the endless loop by pressing Back twice or three times in very rapid succession, but still, this practice is a royal pain in the ass.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
It really Chaps My Hide when you click on a link and the browser takes you to a certain page, and then you click on the Back button but the page you visited refuses to let you go back. It just keeps reloading itself when you click on Back.

Sometimes you can get out of the endless loop by pressing Back twice or three times in very rapid succession, but still, this practice is a royal pain in the ass.
Then don't use Imgur. ;)

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Then don't use Imgur. ;)
It actually happened on IMDb! I was looking at the cast & crew of a movie, I clicked on one of the actors, and I got trapped on the actor's page. Couldn't go back to the movie. I had to click on the Back button savagely like three or four times in order to go back.

But it's happened on many other sites as well.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah

When this happens, press and hold the back button and then select your previous page from the history list.

Reactions: Rafagon