It chaps my hide.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
When I delete all the messages in an iMessage thread and the whole thread is deleted. This didn't happen before iOS 9. I could tap on "Delete all" in the upper left corner, and the thread would remain intact. Not anymore.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
When I delete all the messages in an iMessage thread and the whole thread is deleted. This didn't happen before iOS 9. I could tap on "Delete all" in the upper left corner, and the thread would remain intact. Not anymore.
Think I found something...
Did you select at least one of the messages before selecting delete all?
I did and still have the persons name listed in iMessage, but all messages are gone.
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1468417169.879844.jpg

After selecting delete all
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1468417210.579738.jpg

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Think I found something...
Did you select at least one of the messages before selecting delete all?
I did and still have the persons name listed in iMessage, but all messages are gone. View attachment 44322

After selecting delete all
View attachment 44323
Did you then tap messages in the upper left corner? Mine looks like yours, but when I go to messages, the thread and contact is gone.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Everything in that particular thread is gone, but the persons name is still there under messages ( with the other 10+ names listed ) and I'm also on 9.3.2

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Everything in that particular thread is gone, but the persons name is still there under messages ( with the other 10+ names listed ) and I'm also on 9.3.2
Mine vanish. Odd.
Oh, wow, I got it. Had a thought and went to Settings > Messages and changed it to "forever". Those that vanished earlier came back. I had it set on "30 days".
They vanish on 1 year as well. So they only stay in the list on "forever".

Hide no longer chapped.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rafagon

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Mine vanish. Odd.
Oh, wow, I got it. Had a thought and went to Settings > Messages and changed it to "forever". Those that vanished earlier came back. I had it set on "30 days".
They vanish on 1 year as well. So they only stay in the list on "forever".

Hide no longer chapped.
Wow, an old setting I never even thought about checking.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
It Chaps My Hide when I have a headache and I take an Advil Liqui-Gel capsule and I want it to kick in ASAP so I bite into it and the liquid inside tastes like crap!!

If they [expletive] made butalbital tablets OTC I wouldn't have to put up with this.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I will gladly walk five kilometers or more to catch Pokémon and visit PokéStops all over my neighborhood in order to stock up on supplies. But I refuse to spend five minutes (or, heck, even two minutes) walking around a damn CVS parking lot looking for an empty shopping cart when it is their employees’ responsibility to return empty shopping carts to their designated spot regularly.

I understand it is unrealistic to expect CVS to have the manpower to collect and return empty shopping carts to their designated spot every ten minutes. But when all of the store’s shopping carts are scattered haphazardly about the parking lot and the shopping carts’ designated area is completely empty, and I end up having to walk around the parking lot looking for an empty shopping cart for my own use, I’m not going to be very happy about it, to say the least.

My Hide was Chapped, and I took to Twitter to express my frustration (see below). Note that the most recent Tweets are at the top. So read from the bottom to the top, assuming you’re interested in reading at all.

At least they were quick to respond.

carts.png

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I will gladly walk five kilometers or more to catch Pokémon and visit PokéStops all over my neighborhood in order to stock up on supplies. But I refuse to spend five minutes (or, heck, even two minutes) walking around a damn CVS parking lot looking for an empty shopping cart when it is their employees’ responsibility to return empty shopping carts to their designated spot regularly.

I understand it is unrealistic to expect CVS to have the manpower to collect and return empty shopping carts to their designated spot every ten minutes. But when all of the store’s shopping carts are scattered haphazardly about the parking lot and the shopping carts’ designated area is completely empty, and I end up having to walk around the parking lot looking for an empty shopping cart for my own use, I’m not going to be very happy about it, to say the least.

My Hide was Chapped, and I took to Twitter to express my frustration (see below). Note that the most recent Tweets are at the top. So read from the bottom to the top, assuming you’re interested in reading at all.

At least they were quick to respond.

View attachment 44424
I take responsibility for returning my own shopping cart to its proper place after I use it. I don't see what's so hard about that. I wish more people felt the same way.

Reactions: RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida

You mean you don't have the new CVS Shopping cart app / game?
You're missing out ;)

Reactions: Napoleon PhoneApart

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
CVS parking lots aren't that big. How can you wander around in one for five minutes looking for an empty cart?
Well, maybe it was closer to two minutes, I dunno. The hot Miami sun was beating down mercilessly on me, messing with my sense of time perception, and it perhaps felt more like five minutes on account of that. :)

Ever watch the movie 127 Hours? For James Franco, I'm sure that every minute he was trapped in there felt like one hour.

Same phenomenon here. :)

Last edited:

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Well, maybe it was closer to two minutes, I dunno. The hot Miami sun was beating down mercilessly on me, messing with my sense of time perception, and it perhaps felt more like five minutes on account of that. :)

Ever watch the movie 127 Hours? For James Franco, I'm sure that every minute he was trapped in there felt like one hour.

Same phenomenon here. :)
But you didn't have to cut off an appendage to get a shopping cart did you? Hahahaha

Reactions: Rafagon

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
But you didn't have to cut off an appendage to get a shopping cart did you? Hahahaha
How do you know that? I actually suffered a serious injury to a limb while securing the shopping cart and later on, when I got home, the limb, which had been literally hanging on by a thread, actually fell off. I didn’t mention it because I didn’t want to gross anyone out. :D

4245_1156929717310_697631_n.jpg

Luckily, the limb and I made it to a hospital in time and it was succesfully reattached.

Last edited: