It chaps my hide.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Current Hide Chap is leaving your house in the morning on your way to work to be greeted with the horrible stench of a dog's defecation.

Yesterday I came out of my condo and immediately smelled dog poop. The strong pungent odor was out of place as this has never happened before. In my complex there are a lot of dog owners and there is a lot of grass but no one has ever let their dog poop on the sidewalk, walkways or near anyone's stairs.

So, I look for the dog poop as I walked down my stairs. I see nothing, but at the end of the stair there are several smears of poop and a few measly sprinkles of water. It wasn't raining so that was the dog owners attempt at cleaning up the poop.

One would say, "At least they picked it up and tried to clean it." I say, it's totally unacceptable. You are not supposed to let your dog poop on any concrete in the complex. They go in the grass and you pick it up. Those are the rules, that's why we keep it nice and neat around here.

Well, I did some research and now I have to dog proof my stair area with a homemade, safe, remedy. I can't leave it so that dog or another dog will find it acceptable to poop near our stairs.

A few other neighbors were not happy about it either and have contacted the condo board for the camera footage to find out who did the deed. I figure it's a new neighbor not anyone from outside but nevertheless, they will get a fine as I was told that the condo association will take care of the concrete so this doesn't happen again. They don't want me to do anything to the concrete. I suppose their going to do something chemically to the concrete or replace it. IDK and IDC as long as it doesn't happen again.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
So, I look for the dog poop as I walked down my stairs. I see nothing, but at the end of the stair there are several smears of poop and a few measly sprinkles of water. It wasn't raining so that was the dog owners attempt at cleaning up the poop.
Wow! This gives me an idea for a show. Dog Poop CSI!

But in all seriousness, maybe the doggie had an emergency and couldn’t hold it anymore! I’m sure the video footage will reveal all.

Last edited:

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida

Well, I did some research and...
Crap scene investigation? Lol
@Sharunda, I saw the following today and immediately thought of your situation. In case your unsub (unknown subject) turns out to be Hispanic, you can tell him to “Please scoop the poop!” with his native tongue.

IMG_3783.JPG

Okay, I know that sounds quite…. disgusting… but you know what I meant. :D

Last edited:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Alerts don't show up on the lockscreen anymore when you're on a Bluetooth phone call. I'm missing a lot of messages as a result. It's been this way since 10.0.

Bluetooth range has gone from 30 feet with the pevious iPhones to about 7 feet with the iPhone 7.

You can't autoconnect to known/stored WiFi when you arrive at them if you are on a Bluetooth call. You have to manually connect.

Apple just cannot get Bluetooth right. It's horrible. And they probably don't get many complaints because most people don't talk of the phone much anymore.

Last edited:

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
It chaps my hide when some bit^H^H^H idiot whose interests and/or hobbies have absolutely nothing to do with me follows me on Twitter.

Why me? Out of the millions of people on Twitter... why me?!

Screenshot_20170403-142912.png

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
It chaps my hide when some bit^H^H^H idiot whose interests and/or hobbies have absolutely nothing to do with me follows me on Twitter.

Why me? Out of the millions of people on Twitter... why me?!

View attachment 45333
Just think, out of millions of Tweeps, she chose you! If you follow her back, you'll likely get a DM sales pitch. Or maybe she wants you to listen to her songs.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
It chaps my hide when three people, myself included, are chatting. But I'm not really participating because the conversation and/or the other two parties are boring. I'm just nodding politely every now and then. Then one party walks away, and the other party suddenly shifts their focus to me, and now I am forced to focus more on my efforts to pretend I'm listening, and maybe even make a relevant comment every few seconds! Damn you, person that walked away! Get back here so I don't have to exert myself so much! The topic and/or party you left me with is uninteresting!

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
It chaps my hide when three people, myself included, are chatting. But I'm not really participating because the conversation and/or the other two parties are boring. I'm just nodding politely every now and then. Then one party walks away, and the other party suddenly shifts their focus to me, and now I am forced to focus more on my efforts to pretend I'm listening, and maybe even make a relevant comment every few seconds! Damn you, person that walked away! Get back here so I don't have to exert myself so much! The topic and/or party you left me with is uninteresting!
It chaps my hide to have to read this. ;)

Last edited:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Anyone with basic communication skills should be able to either change the topic or politely excuse themselves.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Anyone with basic communication skills should be able to either change the topic or politely excuse themselves.
Or I could get one of those apps that make your phone ring. They're meant to help people get out of bad dates without having to tell the truth, i.e., "You're boring the life out of me, and you're not even cute enough for it to be worth my while to pretend I'm interested in the words that are coming out of your mouth." :)

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Or I could get one of those apps that make your phone ring. They're meant to help people get out of bad dates without having to tell the truth, i.e., "You're boring the life out of me, and you're not even cute enough for it to be worth my while to pretend I'm interested in the words that are coming out of your mouth." :)
Lack basic communication skills... there's an app for that O_o

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Have you ever worked any sort of public service job? These skills tend to come naturally with experience. With casual acquaintances, just say you've got to get going. If you were bored, you should have just walked away before the other person did. It's not difficult. If it's a blind date that's going poorly, be upfront with the person and say it isn't working out, apologize, leave money on the table and go.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Have you ever worked any sort of public service job?
Yes, at Walgreens, phαrmαcy tech. That job entailed quite the opposite. Staying there and continuing to help the customer even when in truth I wanted to kick them in the nose.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Chaps my hide that I can't figure out what subforum to make a WWDC17 thread in.
It's Monday June 5th, which is right around the corner.
Ok, so it really doesn't chap my hide as I know one of the 10 people still here will make one ;-)