It chaps my hide.

Jmbaker429

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 28, 2010
Florida
Buying an app and being excited to use it, only to find it doesn't work on iOS5.
what? That sucks. I thought it wouldn't let you buy it if it wasn't compatible? Did you buy it from the device you were going to use it on?

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
what? That sucks. I thought it wouldn't let you buy it if it wasn't compatible? Did you buy it from the device you were going to use it on?
I bought it on my iTunes account on my computer. It says it's compatible....it just isn't in reality.

Jmbaker429

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 28, 2010
Florida
I bought it on my iTunes account on my computer. It says it's compatible....it just isn't in reality.
oh ok. Yeah that's stupid. You would think they wouldn't let that happen. Or at least they should have a warning or a defend policy or something.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
oh ok. Yeah that's stupid. You would think they wouldn't let that happen. Or at least they should have a warning or a defend policy or something.
Yeah. I mean, I know it's only $3....but still. It'll definitely make me think twice before I buy another app. I never buy apps....usually stick to the free ones, but this was one I wanted to try out.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Yeah. I mean, I know it's only $3....but still. It'll definitely make me think twice before I buy another app. I never buy apps....usually stick to the free ones, but this was one I wanted to try out.
I think this is a very rare occurrence in the App Store. Most developers are careful and responsible about listing requirements for their apps. I've bought a shedload of iPad and iPhone apps and have very rarely come across any that have any false statements about which OS versions they'll run with.

Sorry you came across a bad Apple.

Jun 21, 2009
San Francisco-ish
getting a call from the doctor I've been seeing for a work related injury telling me that the workmen's comp firm decided it wasn't a work related injury, thus denying surgery and ultimately leaving me no choice but to go back to work still injured.... Now that really chaps my hide....

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
You should call Apple and report it. I'd say it's Apple's fault for letting it go through with a false description. They're making 30% of the price of every app sold, so they should be held accountable.

Sent from your momma.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
You should call Apple and report it. I'd say it's Apple's fault for letting it go through with a false description. They're making 30% of the price of every app sold, so they should be held accountable.

Sent from your momma.
Already reported it to Apple. Now I'm just waiting for a response. They said my order is still processing and they flagged it for follow-up. My guess is, it hasn't gone through on the credit card yet. Who knows? I'll give Apple a few days and then report it again.

Aug 31, 2010
People who can't see the forest for the trees... And, as it turns out, that saying balms my hide, so I just neutralized the chap.

katelynneemma

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 15, 2011
N.Y.
When I pay more for a name brand product and it turns out to be inferior to the store brand that I usually buy.

katelynneemma

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 15, 2011
N.Y.
Gas pumps that force you to prepay then slow down and take a full minute to pump the last $.50. Makes me want to scream.

furndaddy

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 16, 2010
Indiana
Gas pumps that force you to prepay then slow down and take a full minute to pump the last $.50. Makes me want to scream.
Along the same lines: gas pumps that force you to prepay when you want to fill up your tank - forcing you to give them money, fill up your tank, then go back in to get your change. That REALLY chaps my hide.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
I always pre-authorize by credit card at the pump and choose fill to avoid the slowdown and if I want less than full, say because the rate price is too high, then manually elect to stop say at $5, $10 or $15. I assume the people going to the cashier are either buying shelve items or paying cash.

Yeah the pre-limit that slows way to early is a pain.

Sent from my mobilephone using Tapatalk

Jmbaker429

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 28, 2010
Florida
Along the gas pump topic. I can't stand pumps that shut off at a pre determined price like $75. I mean like me I have a diesel truck which is always over that and a van that's always over that. It's just annoying because I put in my debit card and still have to do it twice.