It chaps my hide.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
It Chaps My Hide.....how cold it is in my office. No amount of complaining can change it either. They do what the F they want around here!

No worries. I have a heater and a scarf. I have asthma, but everyone around me sounds like they're dying!

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
It chaps my hide when my contact lens slips ever so slightly out of place and I can't get it back to the right spot unless I take it all the way out, walk to a mirror, and put it back in.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
When people rush to get on the elevator before allowing those who are inside to exit first. They are so scared that the doors will close if they don't immediately enter. It nearly sends me into a feral rage when I get pushed by someone who is plowing through the entrance.

Lisacj

Bronze
Aug 25, 2012
Texas
I seriously cannot stand strangers in line with you that keep getting closer and closer until they are close enough to have sex with you!

Have a nice day!
love,
l

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
Tying to make a quick stop at the store and the lines are backed up and they only have a handful of checkouts open.

furndaddy

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 16, 2010
Indiana
Tying to make a quick stop at the store and the lines are backed up and they only have a handful of checkouts open.
I'm with you on this one. At my local "MegaLoMart," they are frequently backed up with only a few lines open. I understand they are keeping payroll down at certain times of the day, but they should install a couple of self-checkout lanes to off-set the problem.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
I seriously cannot stand strangers in line with you that keep getting closer and closer until they are close enough to have sex with you!

Have a nice day!
love,
l
Oh it used to amaze me when people would do this. Getting close to me IS NOT GONIG TO MAKE THE LINE MOVE ANY FASTER!

I develped a remedy for this a long time ago not using any words. It was easy to get people off of me who did this. I always carry a purse with me. Not a small cute little purse, my purse or bag is huge(to some people:rolleyes: ) It is always on my right shoulder. Well, If I'm in line and the idiot behind me decides they want to play the move the line along game, I take my purse and thrust it behind me as if I'm adjusting it on my shoulder. Without fail, every single time, the idiot behind me gets the message and backs the F*! off! It always works like a charm. One lady I did this too was so friggin short that it hit her in her head. I did not care. You should not be on me like that.

People are rude and stupid. You have to develop clever ways to make them adjust to you and not be pissed off by them and the things they do. They don't know better.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Oh it used to amaze me when people would do this. Getting close to me IS NOT GONIG TO MAKE THE LINE MOVE ANY FASTER!

I develped a remedy for this a long time ago not using any words. It was easy to get people off of me who did this. I always carry a purse with me. Not a small cute little purse, my purse or bag is huge(to some people:rolleyes: ) It is always on my right shoulder. Well, If I'm in line and the idiot behind me decides they want to play the move the line along game, I take my purse and thrust it behind me as if I'm adjusting it on my shoulder. Without fail, every single time, the idiot behind me gets the message and backs the F*! off! It always works like a charm. One lady I did this too was so friggin short that it hit her in her head. I did not care. You should not be on me like that.

People are rude and stupid. You have to develop clever ways to make them adjust to you and not be pissed off by them and the things they do. They don't know better.
You do the fake sneeze too? And the cough? And the uncontrolled twitch? And the fake phonecall?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
You do the fake sneeze too? And the cough? And the uncontrolled twitch? And the fake phonecall?
:ROFLMAO: Oh man that's funny! I've seen people do that! I don't do any of those things. I just use my purse. It never fails! LOL! My hubby thinks I should tell them to back off. I won't do that. He does that and they listen. I have no words for idiots and I'm not arguing and debating back and forth about space. The purse works wonders. People get the message. :sneaky:

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
It chaps my hide when app developers push out an update with, say, version 1.4.2 - bug fixes AND immediately below that write "Recently added in version 1.4.0..." I don't care what was "recently added" two updates ago! I already saw that! Why do you have to remind me? You're NOT gonna get another pat on the back for the stuff you added two updates ago!

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I think that's a side effect of the App Store not making it possible to see previous update descriptions. I've missed a couple of 1.4.0s, and being able to see in 1.4.2 that major changes were made in between 1.3.19258 and 1.4.0 is kind of helpful.

edit: it does chap my hide, however, when one releases a 1.4.2 and the update description is something along the lines of "DON'T UPDATE! MAJOR BUG! FIX PUSHED OUT TO APPLE!"

Either that, or 1.4.2 is released, and immediately thereafter, a 1.4.3 comes out that goes "fixed a bug we introduced in 1.4.2 lol"

Test your goddamn software!

edit2: it also chaps my hide when people tell me to test my software which I've already tested for hours and days and weeks on end, so I'm gonna go ahead and apologize for that. Sometimes bugs get introduced in the "released" code that were not present in the exact same version of code in the "development" build. Don't know how that happens. I blame gremlins.

Jun 21, 2009
San Francisco-ish
damn those gremlins

It chaps my hide when app developers push out an update with, say, version 1.4.2 - bug fixes AND immediately below that write "Recently added in version 1.4.0..." I don't care what was "recently added" two updates ago! I already saw that! Why do you have to remind me? You're NOT gonna get another pat on the back for the stuff you added two updates ago!
you must be refering to scramble with friends.

It would be nice if Apple offered a change log within the app info page that you could view if desired. you know, kinda like *cough*cydia*cough*..

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Apple's goofy Mr. Siri dude chaps my hide. That's the guy who pesters you when you call either their support line or a local Apple store and is the voice of their automated voice system. He says things like 'Just say what product you're calling about' and almost no matter what I say he flubs it and asks if I'm calling about an iPod. Usually when I try correcting him he gets even farther off. He is always way, way wrong when I read out a serial number to him too.

He frustrates the heck out of me. I often end up just spewing out nonsense stuff in reply to his prompts, just for my own gratification I'll say 'hungry hippos' or 'pick up purple bananas till they put us in a truck' or whatever comes to mind at the time until he decides it might be best to put me through to an actual person.

I hate these automated voice systems in general and honestly think Apple's is one of the worst.