It comes tomorrow :)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
So my new iPad is coming tomorrow, now it's been out for a while which apps/games should I be looking to get?

I'd be telling lies if I wasn't excited for it's arrival.

I love games for kids (nieces and nephews), driving games, social networking apps, networking i.e VNC clients etc and photo stuff.

Thank you :)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Congratulations! Now this is a move form the original to 3 right?
Yup, genuinely excited. I didn't see the iPad 2 as a big enough upgrade, hence the reason why I'm still on an iPhone 4... the iPhone 5/6 better be good :D I've waited too long. I'm so looking forward to the speed upgrade! I think the first thing I'm going to buy for it is an Otterbox Defender, my last iPad was absolutely perfect through it's entire life... until it's destruction a few weeks ago :(

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
John, be careful with the Defender. I don't know what the deal is but I got one from BB yesterday and it is made for the iPad 2/3 which doesn't make a lot of sense since the 3 is thicker! Anyway after it was on for about 3 hours I noticed what looked like black ink coming in from the outter edges towards the center of the screen and this was happening in about 7 different places around the screen. I will try to post a couple of pictures in a few minutes.

I believe this happened because the case was on so tight!

Attachments

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Hey John do you see what I was talking about in the photos above? Not saying it will happen to you but just keep your eyes open!
I see what you mean, thanks for the heads up. Sorry for the late reply... timezones.

I've never owned an Otterbox, so I'll have to make sure I get an iPad 3 specific case.

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
John, be careful with the Defender. I don't know what the deal is but I got one from BB yesterday and it is made for the iPad 2/3 which doesn't make a lot of sense since the 3 is thicker! Anyway after it was on for about 3 hours I noticed what looked like black ink coming in from the outter edges towards the center of the screen and this was happening in about 7 different places around the screen. I will try to post a couple of pictures in a few minutes.

I believe this happened because the case was on so tight!
is the screen wrecked?

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
No I took the case off right after I noticed the blotches starting so they were only there for maybe 15 minutes and I haven't seen any evidence of them since! But I was really worrying for a while!

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
John - just as a starting point, some notable apps that have retina display support so they should look pretty awesome on your new baby, in no particular order:

Sky Gamblers: Air Supremacy - looks like an awesome game
Infinity Blade II
Solar Walk
Flipboard
Tweetbot
OmniFocus and Things
Fotopedia Heritage
Frequency (very cool videos app)
The Apple apps like Keynote, Numbers, Pages etc.

Name some types of apps / categories you're interested in and I'll try to have more suggestions.

Oh, and keep visiting my site. :)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
John - just as a starting point, some notable apps that have retina display support so they should look pretty awesome on your new baby, in no particular order:

Sky Gamblers: Air Supremacy - looks like an awesome game
Infinity Blade II
Solar Walk
Flipboard
Tweetbot
OmniFocus and Things
Fotopedia Heritage
Frequency (very cool videos app)
The Apple apps like Keynote, Numbers, Pages etc.

Name some types of apps / categories you're interested in and I'll try to have more suggestions.

Oh, and keep visiting my site. :)
I bought Sky Gamblers, Infinity Blade II last night. They are both awesome! Thanks. Tweetbot is an essential, along with the eiC app :p

I've never been interested in getting Keynote, Numbers or Pages - I think I may just give them a go.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I bought Sky Gamblers, Infinity Blade II last night. They are both awesome! Thanks. Tweetbot is an essential, along with the eiC app :p

I've never been interested in getting Keynote, Numbers or Pages - I think I may just give them a go.
Cool, glad those games impressed you. All three of the iWork apps are quite good, but Keynote is just spectacularly good. If you veer have a need to do presentations at all it is just amazing to work with.

What other sorts of apps are you looking for?