It had to happen sometime...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Boatski

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Dropped the phone Saturday night on a hard kitchen floor, dropped it twice in a row actually. The bottom right of the screen is cracked pretty good. All touchscreen still works, I just have the fugly crack here.

Making up a story to try and get a warranty to replace this is gonna be tough though =/. Any suggestions?

Tip of the day: Don't show off your phone in a kitchen while drunk.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
tip #2, get a cleartouch screen protector and a rubber skin for the iPhone ($25 total) then you can throw it across the pavement, having it bounce face down.... and you'll have no issues!

(it was THE day I got those protectors, too.... I was so effin' happy!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
You're probably going to get flamed for "trying to make up a story" but it's your decision. I know that Apple was initially replacing a lot of cracked iPhones but I don't know if they still are.

Liv

Bronze
I am the biggest klutz in the world. I actually refused to take the iPhone out of the box and the plastic since I had not had a case and screen protector yet. Much to my boyfriend's aggravation, I stuck to it. And we had to drive 2 hours to the nearest Apple store to get some protection for it, before I would use it at all.

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
Not to rub insult on injury, but letting your iPhone go totally nude is just tempting the gods. No matter how careful you are, someday gravity will have its way and you'll feel like kicking yourself for not spending that extra $35 or so to protect $400 or so. Like the old saying goes: S**t happens...