it has to be done

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
I just cant wait any longer there doesn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel so I am going to the UK from Ireland to purchase a new 16gb iPhone. I was finally persueded when I discovered some unlocking software that promises to sort everything, youtube etc even on 1.1.3. (barr visual voicemail)

Am I mad and can anyone confirm the software works or is this to good to be true? http://www.iPhoneunlockuk.com/

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I think others have reported far less than great experiences with that outfit. Also, there are certainly free, do-it-yourself methods that make their cost look just a bit silly to pay. Latest methods are ridiculously easy. See This Thread for example ...

Last edited by a moderator:

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Wy don't you come to America? In the Uk it going to be nearly twice the price.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I just cant wait any longer there doesn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel so I am going to the UK from Ireland to purchase a new 16gb iPhone. I was finally persueded when I discovered some unlocking software that promises to sort everything, youtube etc even on 1.1.3. (barr visual voicemail)

Am I mad and can anyone confirm the software works or is this to good to be true? http://www.iPhoneunlockuk.com/

Hold off and get the 32gb. Do you live in Cork? Did you know the oldest yacht club in the entire world is in cork?

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Well, why don't you Payal someone the money for the iPhone and have them buy it. Then, have hem send it to you.

Don't just give it to anyone though.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Hold off and get the 32gb. Do you live in Cork? Did you know the oldest yacht club in the entire world is in cork?
well yeah I work in Cork the yacht club is in Kinsale, Co.Cork I think. What 32gb? When do you think that will be available?

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Well, why don't you Payal someone the money for the iPhone and have them buy it. Then, have hem send it to you.

Don't just give it to anyone though.
Would you trust anyone enough to do this?

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
I think others have reported far less than great experiences with that outfit. Also, there are certainly free, do-it-yourself methods that make their cost look just a bit silly to pay. Latest methods are ridiculously easy. See This Thread for example ...
Is there a simple method for the Mac. Do these solutions leave everything working...youtube, safari, email.....?

Last edited by a moderator:

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Yes to all. Methods for 1.1.3 are beyond easy and should leave all working ...
You guys make it sound so easy I just don't want to end up with a very expensive brick! and it all looks pretty complicated. Like is jail breaking the same as unlocking? that's how much of a novice I am

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
You guys make it sound so easy I just don't want to end up with a very expensive brick! and it all looks pretty complicated. Like is jail breaking the same as unlocking? that's how much of a novice I am
Well, nobody can give you any guarantees of course. Things can go wrong, but then again they also can and do with stock phones. It's a good idea that you're looking to hear from others who have used that company. The latest processes are very easy, but that will likely change when the next firmware update cones along ...

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
just a sidenote - I have helped three people with Macs unlock their iPhones... I'll help you as well, if you like...

if I put "The Unlocker" in my signature, will that be shady as hell?

joannalat

Mar 5, 2008

iPhone.unlock.no - worked great for my phone and it is free

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
iPhone.unlock.no - worked great for my phone and it is free
Just use ZiPhone...it does everything for you with a click of a button. Naming yourself the Unlocker and putting it in your sig is like saying "I have no friends."

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
Just use ZiPhone...it does everything for you with a click of a button. Naming yourself the Unlocker and putting it in your sig is like saying "I have no friends."
you had better hope I don't find out where you live.

I'm tired of your crap.