It looks like the iPad is replacing the laptop

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tau Ceti, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Tau Ceti

Tau Ceti New Member

I walked into Panera Bread and 3 people were using 3rd Party Keyboards with their iPad.
    That's too bad for the iMacs. I guess we need new apps that run on 27" displays to
    bump up iMac sales. I only saw 1 MacBook Pro.
    It makes me wonder how we ever got by without WiFi Hotspots. LOL

Apple makes the best products.

I just wish there was a Polar Golfer App that ran on Mac OS X.

Tau

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

My sister and I both have a MacBook Pro. I had an iPad but I didn't use it. My mom uses it now for Facebook as it's perfect on the bigger screen.

Sent using iCafe app

3. Apple4me

Apple4me Evangelist
    Gold

I have both an iPad 3 and a 13" MacBook Pro Retina. Throughout the day, I find myself switching back and forth the two depending on what I am doing. At the end of the day, the MBP is at 25% or less battery remaining and the iPad is usually down to about 40% or less. I like having both at my disposal throughout the day and wouldn't want to give either one up for the other.

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

My MBP usually lasts me the whole day until I am about to go to bed. I used my iPhone way more than the iPad when I had one. From what I have seen, the majority of people with iPads use them for games and Facebook as it has the bigger screen. I don't play games anymore, and Facebook is just fine on my iPhone. :)

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Say that after eye surgery. :D

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Aww mann! Well, I'll give you that for sure. That's tough after eye surgery. I've had surgeries before, but nothing like eye surgery.

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

It's fine. I'm healing nicely, and hope to have at least a temporary prescription and glasses in a few days so I can see finer detail.

I can already drive, though, so no worries there.

funny-gif-car-accident-lucky-driver.gif

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

That's good that you can drive still, or now. I sure hope though that the GIF you posted isn't for real. If so then people may be after ya via helicopter!

Sent using iCafe app