It seems crazy that Apple does not allow custom ringtones, but old Motorola flip does

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

aaiphone

Sep 21, 2007
Is it too much to ask for my own ringtones? I don't want music as a ringtone! I am even willing to pay for it but Apple will not allow it! Makes no since at all....

aaiphone

Sep 21, 2007
your own?
like voice recorded?

Just a sound similar to what Apple put on there but my own... I have a lot of ringtones from my previous phones and would like to use them on the iPhone in which I did prior to 1.1.1 that removed them all...

birkoff

Bronze
Jul 30, 2007
In another galaxy, far, far away, I had a Motorola
Razr and use to make ring tones out of Jammie Preslie
from Earl and Danny Divito from other people's money.

Here's just a few things I'd like the phone to do, play
sounds that are routinely available if I go on this new
thing called the internet. Dare I even suggest, maybe
some apps like a spreadsheet.

don't get me wrong, I luv my iPhone, if I make the little
red circles with numbers in them go away I'm up to date
with my businesss no matter where I am....and that is
great.

But if Apple doesn't make iPhone more robust, someone
will come along and eat its lunch (gee when did that
happen? and that is why SJ will never be considered
both the richest and smartest man in america).

Aug 11, 2007
Is it too much to ask for my own ringtones? I don't want music as a ringtone! I am even willing to pay for it but Apple will not allow it! Makes no since at all....
I posted about this yesterday. I agree 100 percent. I'm even willing to pay for the ringtone but I don't want music. I would like to be able to make (or find) my own electronic tones for a ringer as the ones the iPhone comes with are awful.

If Apple would allow us to make our own ringtones from ANY audio source and then charge 99 cents to add it...well I could be happy with that. As I said in my earlier post: It is not about the cost it is about the limitations.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I posted about this yesterday. I agree 100 percent. I'm even willing to pay for the ringtone but I don't want music. I would like to be able to make (or find) my own electronic tones for a ringer as the ones the iPhone comes with are awful.

If Apple would allow us to make our own ringtones from ANY audio source and then charge 99 cents to add it...well I could be happy with that. As I said in my earlier post: It is not about the cost it is about the limitations.
I don't understand what the problem is... I make my own ringtones and system sounds. I can even put my own wallpaper and different icons on the homescreen. Oh, you must have gotten the update...sorry...:laugh2: