It Wouldn't Happen if Steve ... Bollocks

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Here's one bit of faulty wisdom that gets trotted out far too often on the web these days: the 'It wouldn't happen if Steve Jobs was still in charge' for almost anything even slightly negative related to Apple.

Today on Google+ I saw someone say this in reference to all the product parts and details leaks in advance of a new iPhone / iPad / Mac release.

I say that's complete nonsense. Steve Jobs was around when one of Apple's own engineers left an iPhone prototype in a freakin' bar and it ended up in the hands of Gizmodo.

Tim Cook has made clear he is focusing on security and recent reports suggest nearly all these leaks come via China and the manufacturing side of things, where Apple obviously can't exert as much control.

Steve Jobs was an immense figure, and I'm sure there are a number of areas where he is sorely missed (to out it mildly) at Apple, but enough already with the food in the Apple cafeteria just wouldn't be this bad if Steve were here, the iPhone 5 wouldn't scratch as easily if Steve was here, the sun would shine more brightly each day if Steve was here.