iToner Custom Ring tones by Ambrosia Software

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Nice program. Well it looks nice... I have to try it out tomorrow...

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
Thanks for the heads up on the MP3 cutter program. Works quite well! Surprised my friends with music ringtones on the iPhone...

iGrooveLA

Aug 6, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
got it

i just paid for this program and i think it's great! really simple and after Apple's announcement that we'd have to pay twice to get a ringtone through iTunes, this is a no brainer! i'm a total Apple fanboy but it's ridiculous to pay twice for a song you already bought...you're like buying a full song for $.99 and then pay another $.99 to get a 30 second snippet of the same song? huh? what? ah don'ts thinks so!

i got the program now in case there are some changes later on which might have a more ristricted functionality...my only question is that if you don't trim the mp3, does itoner just DL the entire song but use only the first 30 seconds? i think this would put a crunch on the available space on the iPhone...i'm using mp3 trimmer right now which works great but it's an extra step....if itoner only DLs the first 30 secs of an mp3 automatically, then i wouldn't need to use the mp3 trimmer unless i want a different part of the song.

randyg

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
i got the program now in case there are some changes later on which might have a more ristricted functionality...my only question is that if you don't trim the mp3, does itoner just DL the entire song but use only the first 30 seconds? i think this would put a crunch on the available space on the iPhone...i'm using mp3 trimmer right now which works great but it's an extra step....if itoner only DLs the first 30 secs of an mp3 automatically, then i wouldn't need to use the mp3 trimmer unless i want a different part of the song.
I think you would be better off and take the extra step to trim the song. iPhone is only going to play a portion of it anyway. Best to save that extra space for more ringtones or apps! Plus with MP3 trimmer you can use whatever part of the song you want.

EMAGDNIM

Sep 3, 2007
Toronto, Canada eh!
I just tried it out and it works great...I didn't even think it worked till I selected the songs I sync'd LOL...I didn't bother snipping songs, I just dumped the MP3's as a whole (Like I usually do on my other phones)...

DJames

Sep 6, 2007
Is there any way to change the Quality of the ringtones or anything? Cause i am trying to upload a song i edited as well to make it shorter but there seems to be to much bass or something. doesn't come out clean.

The Toddfather

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
The new iTunes download will wipe out the program, be careful.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Will wipe out what program?
it doesn't wipe out any program. according to an article on macrumors, the new iTunes update will delete any ringtones added through 3rd-party software. however, ifuntastic is apparently working on a fix to this and they're beta testing it now...

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Another user suggested turning off iTunes from syncing ringtones. I am going to try this in a few, and will report back.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Nope... I tried it and my ringtone was killed by Apple...

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
Nope... I tried it and my ringtone was killed by Apple...
Ambrosia is working on a fix and hey if they could release a ringtone program real quick without any hacking, I'm sure it'll be any day.

No need to support Apple's schemes.

moki

Sep 8, 2007
Ambrosia is working on a fix and hey if they could release a ringtone program real quick without any hacking, I'm sure it'll be any day.

No need to support Apple's schemes.
Yep, iToner 1.0.1 is out with support for iTunes 7.4 (it works with iTunes 7.4.1 as well). Enjoy, thanks for the kind words folks.

moki

Sep 8, 2007

moki

Sep 8, 2007
Yeah just Sync in iToner again, and all should be well. :)

chris201

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
Does this program work with the update that just came out for the iPhone? And is this simply an app that is on the computer that makes ring tones and transfers them to the iPhone like the iPhoneringtonemaker?

I apolgize folks just realized that this thread is for Mac not PC. My bad been at work all night tad tired.