iToner question...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I thought that iToner would allow protected music as a ringtone. Is this not the case? I put a .m4p in iToner, synced, it showed up, but wouldn't play. Short of burning my ONE song to an audio cd, rip it, and THEN sync it, is there an easier way?

z28black98

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I thought that iToner would allow protected music as a ringtone. Is this not the case? I put a .m4p in iToner, synced, it showed up, but wouldn't play. Short of burning my ONE song to an audio cd, rip it, and THEN sync it, is there an easier way?
I use ibrickr which converts any mp3 into the correct format automatically and puts the song under "ringtones" in your systems folder. Do a search for ibrickr. Pretty useful IMO.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I use ibrickr which converts any mp3 into the correct format automatically and puts the song under "ringtones" in your systems folder. Do a search for ibrickr. Pretty useful IMO.
I appreciate the attempt to help, but... Dude - did you read my post? I am dealing with a protected .m4p, not an .mp3 file. Plus, iToner is for Macs and iBrickr is for Windows operated PC's.

MacGirl - I am using the most recent releases of both programs.

z28black98

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I appreciate the attempt to help, but... Dude - did you read my post? I am dealing with a protected .m4p, not an .mp3 file. Plus, iToner is for Macs and iBrickr is for Windows operated PC's.

MacGirl - I am using the most recent releases of both programs.
my bad man, I am new to the whole iPhone thing, didn't know itoner was for macs.

Aug 20, 2007
itoner/ibricker will only use mp3's. You states exactly what you have to do. Burn onto a CD then import as mp3, then use itoner to transfer to the iPhone. Then simply delete the dups in iTunes. Unfortnuately, thats the only since they are protected.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
itoner/ibricker will only use mp3's. You states exactly what you have to do. Burn onto a CD then import as mp3, then use itoner to transfer to the iPhone. Then simply delete the dups in iTunes. Unfortnuately, thats the only since they are protected.
not true. itoner (at least version 1.00) CAN use protected aac files (songs purchased from the iTunes store) as ringtones. i have several on my iPhone now that work just fine.

rxmxsh:
check out this help thread on ambrosia software's forums. sounds like others are having the same problem...